- Announcement Number: HOCHIMINH-2020-31
- Hiring Agency: Consulate Ho Chi Minh City
- Position Title: Computer Management Assistant - All Interested Applicants
- Open Period: 08/26/2020 - 09/09/2020 (Format MM/DD/YYYY)
- Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+7
- Series/Grade: LE - 1805 8
- Salary: USD $15,396
- Work Schedule:Full-time -
- Promotion Potential: LE-8
- Duty Location(s): in Ho Chi Minh City, VM
- Telework Eligible: No
- For More Info: Human Resources Office / 84-28-3520-4200 / HoChiMinhCityHR@state.gov
DutiesThis position is the Computer Management Assistant (CMA) position located in the Information Systems Center (ISC). The primary purpose of this position is to serve as Systems Manager Assistant for the Mission’s Unclassified and Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) computer networks and to support the effective operation of all unclassified telecommunications circuits. The CMA implements development proposed policies and procedures. The CMA ensures all customer work requests are completed on time and to the satisfaction for the entire Consulate community. The CMA provides technical support for all of the laptops, software on the laptops, encryption of the laptops, various computer accessories, Alternate Command Center equipment, and all equipment we maintain for special events and VIP visits. The incumbent provides technical support on all Unclassified and SBU computer networks for all U.S. Government (USG) Agencies located on the Consulate compound and tail sites. Under the guidance of the Computer Management Specialist (CMS), the CMA is responsible for testing and deployment of all systems used throughout the Consulate and assists in VIP visits and support requests. The CMA must maintain an awareness of all new and emerging technologies in the IT industry.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least three years of progressively responsible experience in computer science, primarily of a technical, administrative or business management nature. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Comprehensive and advanced knowledge of systems analysis and design techniques; computer equipment and software capabilities/limitations; Automatic Data Processing procedures and standards; standard work processes and management principles; fact-finding techniques; programming techniques; system/program documentation techniques; programs, objectives, relationships, and management practices of post and agencies served; and current equipment/systems technology.
- Education Requirements:
- EDUCATION: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology Field is required.
- Evaluations: This may be tested.
- LANGUAGE: Fluency Level Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required. Fluency Level Speaking/Reading/Writing of Vietnamese is required. Please clarify level of your English and Vietnamese language skill on your application. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have one of the following: Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certifications, CompTIA A+; Network+; Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), or Security+ Certifications. [Please attach your certificates] Strong technical skills to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve hardware and software problems and to maximize the capabilities of the organization system resources. Good skills to develop and maintain two-way communications and promote computer and automation services. Familiarity with computer and related equipment, data management routines, data restore procedures, utility programs. Outstanding ability in fact gathering and analysis, and in logic application, systems documentation and testing. Must be an effective manager and skilled in interpersonal relationships. Demonstrated ability to lead and work with others. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits. For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office. The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given. ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau. For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link: https://careers.state.gov/downloads/files/definitions-for-va HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER: (1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran* (2) AEFM / USEFM (3) FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights ** * IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
23/06/2021GIZ Energy Support Programme
25/06/2021Save the Children