TERM OF REFERENCE
Consultancy service to establish occupational therapy unit at
General Hospital in the northern mountainous region of Quang Nam, Quang Nam province
The International Center (formerly known as Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation -VVAF) is a humanitarian organization that has addressed the consequences of war through advocacy and service programs in Vietnam for the last three decades. As a cofounder of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, IC-VVAF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997. Now The International Center (IC) focuses on disability support, landmine removal, and mental health programs.
The Moving Without Limits Project
Under the financial support of United States Agency for International Development (USAID), IC is implementing the Disability Support Project named “Moving without Limits” in the three provinces of Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam and Binh Dinh. The project aims to improve people with disability’s access to quality assistive technologies or devices (AD/AT) in the target provinces, thus enhancing their independence in activities of daily living and participation in social activities
Three specific objectives include:
- Improved availability of quality assistive technologies/devices (AT/AD) for people with mobility impairments in Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam and Binh Dinh;
- Improved capacity for the health sector workforce at the national and sub-national levels,
- Improved advocacy for policies/regulations and information sharing related to AT/AD.
Context and Purpose of Assignment
In order to improve the capacity of local health workers, IC has supported a number of provincial hospitals, including General hospital in the northern mountainous region of Quang Nam (GHNMR Quang Nam) to establish one (01) transit house/occupational therapy unit to provide rehabilitation services with high quality for patients and people with disabilities (PWDs) in the province.
The transition house/occupational therapy unit provides rehabilitation services for patients and PWDs in maintaining independence regarding their activities of daily living before discharging from hospital. Therefore, they can reintegrate independently to society. This area is also an illustration model for home modifications to help people with mobility impairments to perform their activities of daily living conveniently.
IC would like to cooperate with individuals/organizations with expertise to assist GHNMR Quang Nam to establish a transition house/occupational therapy unit.
1. DUTY STATION
- Duty Station: Hanoi and Quang Nam province
- Duration of Assignment: April – June 2021
2. SCOPE OF WORK AND DELIVERABLE
- Conduct a location assessment to establish transition house/occupational therapy unit at GHNMR Quang Nam in Quang Nam province.
- Develop a design profile including illustrative and detailed design
- Support the hospital to develop a list of basic and necessary equipment based on the hospital requirements and IC approval for the transition house/occupational therapy unit.
- Supervise the equipment installation process.
- Provide training and instruction on the operational management of the transition house/occupational therapy unit for doctors, technicians and health staff of the GHNMR Quang Nam
Conduct a location assessment to establish transition house/occupational therapy unit at GHNMR Quang Nam
|Assessment report||April, 2021|
Develop the designing profile for the transition house/ occupational therapy unit
|Design profile||April, 2021|
Develop a list of basic and necessary equipment for transition house/occupational therapy unit
|- List of the technical equipment for transition house. - Proposed budget. - Consultation to find / select construction units, tendering procedures and procurement of equipment||May, 2021|
|4||Supervise the equipment installation process||- Construction project acceptance minute - Supervision report about installation process||June, 2021|
Provide training and instruction on the operational management of the transition house/occupational therapy unit
|- Training materials - Training report - Training needs assessment report||June, 2021|
The consultant/team will be reimbursed for travel expenses with per diem and travel cost against actual invoices (for airfare, taxi and hotel) for the field trip in accordance with IC policies.
3. SUPERVISION AND PERFORMANCE EVALUATION:
The consultant will work under the direct supervision and evaluation of the Project Officer and Project Managers with support from other technical staff.
4. SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Experience in medical, rehabilitation field, especially occupational therapy is preferred.
- Experience in construction design, with expertise in National Technical Regulation on Construction for Disabled Access to Buildings and Facilities.
- Minimum 2-year experience in designing, establishing and operating transition houses/occupational therapy units in health facilities.
- Competency in development and conduction of training.
- Ability to complete work on time.
- Excellent Vietnamese and English.
- Teamwork, professionalism, flexibility and an understanding of working with people with disabilities, and with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Having a vision, dedication and ability to learn, high sense of responsibility.
Individual/ group of individuals/ firms interested in this are invited to submit your financial proposal, technical proposal, CVs in English, including references either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org ) or by post (to The International Center, R.103-203, B3 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi, Vietnam).
Please state “Application for the _ position”in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for submission: by 23rd April 2021
For further information, please contact:
Ms. Hua Thi Thu Len – Receptionist Tel: (84-24) 3733 9444, ext: 9 Email: email@example.comCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundUSAID
05/06/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam