TECHNICAL SUPPORT FOR ACTIVATING SHI COVERED HIV & TB SERVICES
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Sustainable HIV and Tuberculosis Responses from Technical Assistance (SHIFT) is a five-year contract managed by FHI 360 to help local stakeholders achieve epidemic control and transition sustainable HIV and tuberculosis (TB) services.
The Government of Vietnam (GoV) considers Social Health Insurance (SHI) is an essential and sustainable source to fund for HIV and TB services. GoV has legitimized systematic social health insurance (SHI) instruments to meet current and forecasted demand for covering HIV & TB services, including antiretroviral (ARV) treatment for HIV, tuberculosis drugs and others. The Law on Social Health Insurance (HI) amended in 2014 clearly defines that SHI is compulsory and is a right, affirming the government’s commitment toward achieving universal coverage. The GoV issued some decrees to instruct the SHI Law implementation in general and specified directions to create some exceptional and priorities for HIV and TB programs. Following that MOH has also regulated the operations for health care systems via series circulars and instructive letters.
As a key player to support HIV/AIDS program in Vietnam, in last 5 year, FHI 360 via USAID supported projects have succeeded in activating SHI covered HIV services. Recently, USAID extended the scope of work for USAID SHIFT project, besides maintaining the effort on HIV, the project is planning to replicate previous lessons learnt and expertise to TB program.
Therefore, FHI 360 seeks a qualified Vietnamese national consultant to assist USAID SHIFT in activating SHI-covered HIV and TB services.
Scope of work
The qualified consultant under the supervision of FHI 360 will provide technical assistance in the following areas to activate SHI covered HIV and TB services:
- A rapid assessment to review current situation of TB system regarding SHI implementation.
- National, provincial advocacy workshops to enable supportive SHI policies and regulations.
- Dissemination the updated policies on SHI and facilitating technical discussion and application newly issued policies and guidance.
- Support health facilities on policy compliance, promotion of SHI coverage and use, which could include the development of job aids for relevant personnel and hands-on technical assistance.
- Perform other tasks related to this scope of work, as requested by FHI 360/ USAID SHIFT.
Period of performance and level of effort
It is an expectation of full-time consultancy service to perform from March to December 2020.
The consultant will be based at FHI 360 Hanoi office
Consultant will report to the Technical Monitor, assigned by Chief of Party, USAID SHIFT
- Medical doctor or relevant degree; Master is an advantage.
- Familiar with health insurance policies and systems.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in a substantive role within the Vietnam health system and/or health insurance system.
- Deep knowledge of the Vietnam health system and social health insurance.
- Capable to work independently and with teams.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Available for domestic travel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Vietnamese and English.
Interested candidates are encouraged to provide their detailed curriculum vitae with letter of application in English to Vietnam.firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2020. Selection and interview will be performed constantly and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
*Please specify the position you are applying for in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
27/04/2020Fauna & Flora International (FFI)
15/04/2020Trung tâm Phát triển và Hội nhập
20/04/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng (CECR)
RFP: Assessment and Opportunity Analysis of Finance and Investment for Renewable Energy and Energy EfficiencyDAI
08/05/2020Room to Read
20/04/2020United Nations Environment Programme
01/05/2020Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP)
09/05/2020Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS)
12/04/2020Aus4Equality| GREAT Program