Terms of References
Consultancy Services for Training and Coaching on Project Management
The International Center (formerly known as Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation -VVAF) is an US based non-profit organization based in Washington, DC. IC-VVAF established a representative office in Hanoi in 1994, and has been active in humanitarian assistance programs and development assistance continuously since that time. IC-VVAF has also addressed the consequences of war through advocacy and service programs in Vietnam for the last three decades. As a cofounder of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, IC-VVAF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997. Since then, IC-VVAF focuses on disability support, mine action, and mental health programs.
Under the financial support of United States Agency for International Development (USAID), IC is implementing the Disability Support Project named “Moving without Limits” in the three provinces of Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam and Binh Dinh from July 2015 til September 2022. This project aims to improve the accessibility of the people with mobility impairments in Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam, and Binh Dinh to quality and affordable assistive devices.
Three specific objectives of the project, enclosed with key expected results are as following:
- Objective 1. To improve availability of quality assistive technologies/ devices (AT/AD) for people with mobility impairments in Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam and Binh Dinh provinces.
- Expected Result 1. 10,000 PWD screened of which 7,000 are provided with AD/AT and its related service.
- Expected Result 2. A follow up mechanism on re-assessment, use, and maintenance/repairs of devices is set up and enforced.
- Expected Result 3. Communication materials on AD/AT s developed and delivered to PWD and caregivers
- Expected Result 4. In-service (2-5 days) training is designed to train province-commune health& social staff.
- Objective 2. To improve capacity related to AT/AD for the health sector workforce at national and sub-national level.
- Expected Result 1. Long term (6-12 months) training course on PT and rehab is provided to technician and doctors
- Expected Result 2. A national core group of app. 20 AT/AD Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) is formed
- Expected Result 3. Physical Rehabilitation Medicines Graduate Program is revised and piloted.
- Expected Result 4. At least one facility in each province to develop appropriate devices locally (AT Unit)
- Expected Result 5. A standard procedure that guides AT/AD service provision procedures in health developed
- Expected Result 6. A respite care is established and operated
3. Objective 3. To improve advocacy for policies/regulations and information sharing related to AT/AD.
- Expected Result 1. A National AD-T Need Assessment is conducted with a Priority Assistive Products List (APL).
- Expected Result 2. AD/AT service delivery framework developed as part of National Rehab Strategy
- Expected Result 3. A list of AT/AD suggested for Health Insurance
- Expected Result 4. A research is carried out on gender and gender mainstreaming
B. CONTEXT OF ASSIGNMENT
To implement these objectives, IC has secured a pool of 10 program staff working to achieve these objectives, including three Program Officers (PO) leading each objective, 3 Project Assistants (PA) supporting POs, and three locally based Program Coordinators working in the provinces of Hue, Quang Nam and Binh Dinh, and a team of monitoring and evaluation for the project.
While staff possess different qualifications and experiences, it is necessary for them to update with skills and capacity for effective and practical management of the current MOVING WITHOU LIMITS program, from planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the project activities. Thus we are looking for a training agency to conduct training for all selected staff.
C. PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT
The purpose of the training is to equip staff with skills in project management and good understanding about the Moving without Limit Framework, thus to standardize the project operation procedure for project service delivery.
D. EXPECTED DELIVERABLES/OUTPUTS
Key deliverables are expected including:
- Program staff are equipped with skills and tools for effective management of MWL project, ensuring the quality program performance.
- A standard procedure is discussed and documented in a participatory approach for possible service pathway for the project, covering the expected results 1&2 for objective 1. The service pathway need to be consistent with the existing processes identified in collaboration with the project partners, including – but not limited to health services.
The length of the consultancy service will be proposed by the training agency and will be discussed and finalized upon agreement of IC and the training agency to ensure the training quality.
F. Supervision and performance evaluation
The consultant will work under the direct supervision and evaluation of the Program Manager, and M&E Specialist with support from other technical staff.
G. SPECIFIC REQUIREMENT
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Degree in MBA, Social Science, Monitoring and Evaluation.
- At least 10 years of M&E experiences and training of staff working for development and community based projects.
- Experience in working on disability, rehabilitation, and USAID PMP is an asset.
- Excellent Vietnamese writing skills
- Fluent in English
H. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:
Individual(s) interested in this missions are invited to submit your applications in English, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to The International Center, R.103-203, B3 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound, 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi, Vietnam).
Please state “Application for the...” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Applications should include:
- Expression of Interest;
- CVs demonstrating relevant capacity and experience
Deadline for submission: 20th May, 2021.Location: Vietnam
For further information, please contact:
Ms. Hua Thi Thu Len – Receptionist
Tel: (84-24) 3733 9444, ext: 9
Email: email@example.comCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy