UN Women is seeking for a qualified national consultant on gender and climate change to provide advisory support on gender mainstreaming in the M&E framework for NAP.
Location: Home based and meetings in Ha Noi, Viet Nam
The objective of this assignment is to contributes to the development of a more gender responsive monitoring and evaluation framework for National Adaptation Plan to Climate Change (NAP) for period 2021-2030 with vision to 2050 through integration of gender equality considerations in the monitoring and evaluation framework.
The consultancy’s objective is to provide advisory support the government M&E taskforce, UN Women and CCWG to strengthen the integration of gender equality and social inclusion in the M&E framework of NAP and related documents (technical review reports, monitoring and evaluation framework, indicators).
The national consultant will work closely with UN Women, CCWG and Department of Climate Change (MONRE) to support the gender mainstreaming in NAP’s M&E framework drafting process. The national consultant is expected to fulfill the following specific tasks:
- Develop a 4–6-page Policy Paper on gender mainstreaming in NAP’s M&E.
- Provide relevant gender analysis and inputs in the technical review report of NAP’s M&E framework.
- Review available indicators on gender and climate change and identify areas that Viet Nam has gaps on sex disaggregated data, in order to provide recommendations on a list of suggested sex disaggregation and gender responsive indicators for the NAP’s indicator system.
- Work with Department of Climate Change to provide direct recommendations on indicators to make them more gender responsive.
- Provide written inputs on gender mainstreaming in the Implementation Guideline for NAP’s M&E system.
- Facilitate a consultation on gender responsiveness of the M&E.
- Participate in meetings organized by MONRE to share recommendation on gender responsive M&E framework.
Period: 1 September 2021 - 30 November 2021 (maximum of 24 working days) Home based and meetings in Hanoi
Required experience and skills:
Master’s degree in environmental sciences, climate change, gender studies or a related field;
Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in climate change, gender data, analysis, planning and mainstreaming;
Previous experience in providing support to gender mainstreaming to climate change policies and NDCs, NSCC highly desirable;
Excellent writing, editing and communication skills;
Previous experience with UNs, development partners;
Good command of both oral and written English.
Candidates are requested to send the following documents in separated attachment in one application email to email@example.com
- Application letter explaining your interest in the consultancy and why you are the most suited candidate for this position, including the overall approach to the expected tasks outlined in the TORs
- Updated CV, including professional reference.
- Personal History Form (P11). The P11 Form can be downloaded from the following website: http://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs
- Financial proposal specifying the total lump sum amount (breakdown of the daily professional fee in local currency and proposed number of working days). The candidate does not to include the travelling cost as UN Women will follow the EU-UN cost norms.
For more detailed information, please see the TOR attached file.
Should you have any questions, please send an email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Application: 11 August 2021
 The NSCC drafting team was formed with representative from MONRE and different ministries assigned in NAP including Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, Ministry of Transportation, Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs….
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross