I. GENERAL INFORMATION
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and non-profit organization whose activities and fundraising aim to support children’s education, community development, healthcare, environmental sanitation, and emergency aid. GNI has operated in 42 countries and assisted approximately 17 million individuals, including over 10 million children. Since 2005, GNI Vietnam has been running different Community Development Projects in 4 provinces: Tuyen Quang, Hoa Binh, Thanh Hoa, and Ha Giang. The organization is working on child sponsor, education and protection, clean water and environmental sanitation, and income generation with more than 11,000 children being sponsored.
With regards to Child Education and Protection’s activities, GNI Vietnam is seeking qualified consultants (groups or individuals) to develop the “Parenting skills support program for parents of children from 0-6 years old on Positive Discipline Education”.
Details are the following:
II. OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE OF WORK
Develop the project (including a detailed plan and tools) to equip parents of children from 0-6 years with knowledge and practices of Positive Discipline Education appropriate to children’s psychological characteristics within this age range.
2. Scope of work
- Coordinate with GNI to make issue assessments using surveys conducted by GNI, thus propose project-development ideas and plans accordingly.
- Coordinate with GNI to develop an overall project and design its content framework related to supporting parents of children from 0-6 years old on Positive Discipline Education.
- Coordinate with GNI to brainstorm ideas and present relevant tools, including making videos to teaching and conveying the project.
- Monitor and assess the process of designing and finalizing tools, with an emphasis on making videos.
- Build the tools to evaluate the effect of program on participating parents.
- Participate in teaching activities and monitor the project implementation process based on key groups of parents at GNI’s project locations.
- Evaluate the experimentation process and propose adjustments to the program.
- Adjust and finalize the project’s contents, as well as relevant tools after conducting experiments.
- Participate in training key lecturers as part of implementing the project.
- Deliver additional works that arise from the process of finalizing the project (i.e., Assessing lectures, etc.) with consensus from both parties.
III. DURATION, LOCATIONS, AND TARGETS
From October 2020 until May 2021
Hanoi and other project locations of GNI
- Key targets: children from 0-6 years old
- Participating targets: parents of children from 0-6 years old
IV. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Hold a Ph.D. in Sociology/Psychology and/or Education. For applicants with only a Master’s degree, GNI will make further assessment based on your skills and job experiences.
- (Mandatory) Have a solid understanding of children’s psychological characteristics from 0-6 years old, educational methods, and parenting issues related to educating children within this age range.
- Have 6-10 years of experience in Early Childhood Education and advanced knowledge in Positive Discipline Parenting.
- Have more than 5 years of planning and conducting activities related to Positive Discipline Parenting for parents and children from 0-6 years old.
- Experience in activities and topics of media and communications related to parents and children from 0-6 years old.
- Consultant will receive remuneration under the contract and GNI’s policy.
- Consultant will receive financial support in terms of commuting fees and meals according to GNI’s policy if working outside of Hanoi.
- Consultant will be featured in publications and documents related to the project, both online and offline. However, the project’s copyrights belong to GNI.
VI. CONTACT INFORMATION
Interested candidates are invited to submit an application that includes: CV and letter of interest to GNI by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or to the following address: Good Neighbors International in Vietnam, 17th Floor, Block A, Song Da Building, Pham Hung St., Nam Tu Liem Dist., Hanoi
Submission deadline: Tuesday 22 September 2020
For more details, please contact: Ms. Nguyen Thi Tuyet Mai – Tel: 0432-063-999 (Extension number: 127) or 0989-838-806Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
22/01/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
28/01/2021U.S. Embassy Hanoi