- Job category: Research Operations
- Job level: Officer
- Type of work: Full-time
- Duration: 12 months with possibility of subsequent extension
- Location: either Hanoi or HCMC
- Regional office: either Hanoi or HCMC
- Direct report: Data Manager
- Dotted-line reporting: Clinical Trial Manager
- Tentative start date: As soon as in November 2023
BackgroundThe Woolcock Institute of Medical Research is affiliated with the University of Sydney in Australia and is recognized as one of the leading research institutions for respiratory diseases and sleep disorders. Operating in Vietnam since 2009, we have undertaken large operational, epidemiological, and clinical research projects and run training in epidemiological and operational research methods for Vietnamese doctors and public health workers. The Woolcock Institute has four research centres and offices in Ha Noi, Ho Chi Minh City, Ca Mau, and Can Tho. Currently, we directly employ about 80 full-time staff and coordinate multiple study projects within lung health management and treatment, antimicrobial resistance across eleven provinces. We are rapidly expanding our activities in the southern region, particularly Ho Chi Minh City, and looking for research enthusiasts to join our young and professional team.
For more information about us, please visit:
- Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Sydney, Australia: www.woolcock.org.au
- Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Vietnam: www.woolcockvietnam.org
Duties and Responsibilities- Data collection:
- Formulate, implement, and enforce proper data collection policies and procedures.
- Train reporting agencies on data collection tools and equipment.
- Implement data quality control activities.
- Develop and implement data management plans.
- Develop and implement an online management system.
- Oversee data management work performed by project staff and partners as delegated.
- Ensure the data system (Research Tool) is operational.
- Manage data entry works/teams.
- Troubleshoot data submission errors and data error issues.
- Provide support to the project team for Case Report Form/Query processing according to SOPs and policies as appropriate.
- Perform and document procedures for data preparation including data cleaning.
- Be responsible for quality control procedures (including, but not limited to, random phone calls to check visits, and also checking data entry quality).
- Regularly back up data.
- Ensure data management procedures and projects have set timelines and meet established deadlines.
- Data reporting and analysis.
- Develop and update data analysis Dashboard.
- Working with Sydney Data management team on data issues.
- Understand and ensure privacy law and standards.
- Produce weekly, monthly, and annual data reports.
- Develop ad-hoc reports as necessary.
- Assist in defining and/or creating data listings, summary table validation, data specifications, and/or process data transfers in preparation for statistical review and/or data management audit.
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of data, when applicable.
- Assist in developing means to correct the problems.
- Perform other duties reasonably related to the position as directed by manager.
Required education, skills and qualities
- University degree in Science, Public Health or related field and IT
- Preferably at least 3 years of experience in data management for research projects.
- Working experience with online data collection and management will be an advantage (ODK, REDCap, etc.)
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, good teamwork, service-oriented, and able to work under high pressure and within a limited time frame
- Professional use of personal computer utilizing word processing, spreadsheet software programs
- Excellent Excel, Google Spread Sheet
- Applicable knowledge working with statistic databases such as SAS, STATA, SPSS, etc
- Applicable knowledge working with statistic Dashboard such as Power BI, Google Data studio, etc (will be an advantage)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent English (written and spoken) as preference.
ApplicationsFor interested applicants, please send a cover letter together with a CV (with the name and contact details of at least three senior referees) in English or Vietnamese and scanned copies of your related degrees, no later than 11/30/2023 by submitting the application form in the link as follows: http://bit.ly/woolcockhiring
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until 11/30/2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
10/12/2023United Nations Volunteer