Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
TITLE: Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) REPORTS TO: Chief of Party (COP) LOCATION: Hanoi, Vietnam
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Chief of Party for an anticipated five-year USAID Vietnam: Counter Wildlife Trafficking (CWT) Activity. The purpose of the activity is to increase Vietnam leadership in countering wildlife trafficking through enhancing the commitment of Government of Vietnam (GVN) leaders at the national and provincial level and reducing demand and consumption of illegal wildlife products. To achieve its goal USAID has identified the following key objectives:1) Engage and develop political and local champions to address CWT; 2) Strengthen law enforcement; and 3) Reduce consumer demand.
This position is subject to project award, funding, and USAID approval.
The DCOP will work closely with the COP in providing management oversight and technical leadership to project interventions to counter wildlife trafficking in Vietnam. S/he will be responsible for managing a team of technical staff across the project’s three cross-cutting objectives, ensuring smooth coordination and implementation of program activities that are of high quality and lead to measurable impact. S/he will bring particular expertise related to Objective 1 and serve as a key liaison to project stakeholders in Vietnam, including the Government of Vietnam (GVN) and civil society organizations among others. The DCOP will also play a leading role in policy advocacy work with GVN leaders at the central and provincial level. The DCOP will be responsible for timely and adequate implementation of project activities, deliverables and execution, monitoring and reporting. S/he is responsible for ensuring in-country compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures and USG rules and regulations.
S/he will also be responsible for ensuring sub-awardee compliance and monitoring quality of program implementation.
The position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
- Leads the technical aspects of the project, including planning and implementation, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, and encouraging effective teamwork across the project team comprising staff from partner organizations;
- In coordination with the COP, supports overall project leadership, management, and technical direction while ensuring compliance with USAID requirements, U.S. government regulations, and FHI 360 policies and procedures;
- Liaises with GVN, local government institutions, civil society organizations, private sector companies and other stakeholders to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements;
- Builds strong strategic partnerships with the GVN (national/provincial) and a wide group of stakeholders to develop, implement and monitor policy on wildlife protection to achieve project goals;
- Facilitates the preparation of project deliverables, including annual work-plans, quarterly and annual reports, final project report and project activity updates, and other project-related communication and reporting materials in accordance with USAID deadlines and branding guidelines;
- Supervises a team of technical staff and ensures clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained among the team members;
- Collaborates with monitoring, evaluation, research and learning team and operations, compliance and finance staff in achieving program objectives;
- At the request of the COP, represents the project at national and international fora, including technical and investment conferences, policy briefings, networking events, etc.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to managers and staff to achieve project goals and develop national leadership capacity.
- Master’s degree (preferred) or its international equivalent or higher in a relevant field of study, such as environmental sciences and/or management, biodiversity conservation, natural resource management, forestry, public policy, natural, earth, or physical sciences, governance, climate change, or other related field;
- At least 8 years of professional experience in countering wildlife trafficking, wildlife conservation, environment/forestry and natural resources management or governance;
- Knowledge of and experience with policy advocacy with GVN leaders at the central and provincial levels, as well as experience working with NGOs, civil society and other stakeholders to implement policy advocacy to support strategy development, decision making and project implementation;
- Demonstrated experience managing and implementing large scale USAID and other donor-funded environment projects in complex settings, with specific experience working with government counterparts, international donors, and local organizations to strengthen the environment sector;
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful completion of projects;
- Fluency in Vietnamese and excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to apply through the FHI 360 Career site as soon as possible, but no later than April 6, 2021.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)