Position Title: Deputy Project Director, Finance and Operations
Opportunity Name: Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Vietnam
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Project Director, Finance and Operations (DPD/FO).
Job summary and responsibilities
The Deputy Project Director, Finance and Operations will provide leadership and oversight finance and operations for the anticipated CDC Vietnam: Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Vietnam project. The opportunity will support USG global health priorities in Vietnam by implementing programs and activities that strengthen public health programs. The main outcomes stated in the solicitation are to: “1) improve prevention of avoidable epidemics including naturally occurring outbreaks and intentional or accidental releases of dangerous pathogens; 2) improve ability to rapidly detect threats early, including detecting, characterizing, and reporting emerging biological threats; by 3) responding rapidly and effectively to public health threats of international concern.”
The Deputy Project Director, Finance and Operations will lead all financial and operational activities of the project and will ensure effective project administration. S/he will ensure adherence to global standard of excellence for global health security programs and donor specified compliance.
Please note that the position is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to donor approval. The position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to
- Provide leadership to financial aspects of the project, including general financial management and processes, subaward financial management, and accounting.
- Ensure that the project maintains the highest administrative, financial, and operational standards for compliance and audit.
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, subaward and operations aspects of the project.
- Ensure compliance of financial systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, CDC rules and regulations, award requirements, and Government of Vietnam laws.
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets.
- Establish (in collaboration with the Project Director) and manage project procurement processes
- Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and operational related matters.
- Provide direction and guidance to local, consortium partner, and sub-contractor staff on compliance issues, procurement standards/requirements, and other administrative, HR and logistical questions.
- Oversee all administrative and logistical staff in the main, regional, and embedded staff in partner offices.
- Work closely with regional office administrative (including financial, contracts, HR, etc.), program, and operational teams to ensure timely and quality reporting, and lead project teams in office/program set-up and close-out processes
- Prepare and submit expenditure reports, payment management system reports, and other required financial and audit reports to CDC.
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, and other deliverables required by CDC.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management.
- Supervise project-based finance, operations, administration, logistics, contracts, security and procurement staff.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is required.
- Ten or more years of relevant experience in financial and operational management and administration, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects.
- Five or more years’ experience working in a developing, complex environment; Vietnam country experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations for grants and contracts is required; CDC award financial and operation management experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in generally accepted accounting standard, budgeting and fiscal control principles.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets.
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets.
- Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with Government, NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise.
- Excellent English language skills; fluency in Vietnamese.
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other
status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply and submit their CVs/resumes and cover letters to APROProposal@fhi360.org as soon as possible, but no later than August 1, 2020.
***In the application email, candidates are encouraged to use the subject line: “Deputy Project Director, Finance and Operations, CDC Vietnam project”
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020The World Bank
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020Aide Et Action International (AEAI)