Position Title: Deputy Project Director, Technical
Opportunity Name: Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Vietnam
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Deputy Project Director, Technical (DPD/T).
Job summary and responsibilities
The Deputy Project Director, Technical will provide leadership and oversight for all technical activities for the anticipated CDC Vietnam: Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Vietnam project. The opportunity will support USG global health priorities in Vietnam by implementing programs and activities that strengthen public health programs. The main outcomes stated in the solicitation are to: “1) improve prevention of avoidable epidemics including naturally occurring outbreaks and intentional or accidental releases of dangerous pathogens; 2) improve ability to rapidly detect threats early, including detecting, characterizing, and reporting emerging biological threats; by 3) responding rapidly and effectively to public health threats of international concern.”
The Deputy Project Director, Technical will lead the program and strategy side of the project. S/he will provide technical leadership and strategic direction and support the Project Director and Deputy Project Director, Finance and Operations by serving as part of the senior leadership team. The DPD/T will direct the work of and oversee the technical teams and technical consultants. S/he will collect and stay up to date on monitoring and surveillance data, analyze it with support from the project M&E director, and provide the Project Director with strategic choices.
Please note that the position is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to donor approval. The position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to
- Lead and manage the technical team and provide technical direction for the project.
- Stay abreast of developments and evidence generation in the project technical areas and integrate them into the project.
- Design/oversee development of technical strategies and tools and ensure quality implementation.
- Design and lead program quality assessments to monitor project performance and provide technical trouble-shooting.
- Provide high level coordination with the Ministry of Health, other line ministries, and key stakeholders on technical issues for smooth project implementation.
- Develop technical components of annual work plans, draft technical sections of reports, and ensure project technical objectives and deliverables are met in a timely manner.
- Engage necessary technical assistance and support as needed and ensure team responsiveness to technical assistance inputs and formal recommendations.
- Work with M&E director to identify and develop program learning reports and other knowledge products.
Qualifications and experience
- The DCOP must hold an advanced degree (minimum a Master’s degree) in public health or another relevant field from an accredited college or university.
- S/he shall also have at least 10 years of experience in leading or advising complex health care service or public health programs in developing countries. Previous work experience in Vietnam or Asia is a plus.
- S/he shall have demonstrated technical knowledge and experience managing and overseeing national level/country-wide public health programs in the flagship areas of infectious diseases, outbreaks, and health system strengthening.
- Demonstrated work experience in global health security areas.
- Demonstrated sufficient diplomatic, management and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing diverse teams and working collaboratively across teams.
- Demonstrated experience in using analytical tools to assess progress and adjust delivery.
- Excellent English communication skills and fluency in Vietnamese.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other
status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply and submit their CVs/resumes and cover letters to APROProposal@fhi360.org as soon as possible, but no later than August 1, 2020.
***In the application email, candidates are encouraged to use the subject line: “Deputy Project Director, Technical, CDC Vietnam project”
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year round