Digital Ambassador: Development worker as a consultant for a vocational school in Ho Chi Minh City
As a federal company, GIZ supports the federal government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
By sending qualified specialists as development workers, GIZ is making a contribution to the permanent improvement of the living conditions of the local people.
- Job ID: P1533V6199
- Place of use: Ho Chi Minh City
- Period of use: 05/01/2021 - 07/31/2022 ( MM/DD/YYYY)
- Area of Expertise: economy
- Type of enployment: Full time
- Application time: 04/25/2021
Field of activity
The “Reform of Vocational Education and Training in Vietnam” program financed by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development advises the Vietnamese Ministry of Labor and eleven vocational schools on the digital transformation. The fields of action include the digital transformation of the regulatory framework of vocational training, the administration of the vocational training institutions and their quality assurance, the teaching and learning content and methods, the skills of the vocational training staff, as well as the digital transformation of hardware and software. One of the supported vocational schools is the College of Technology II in Ho Chi Minh City. The college is being supported by the program in the modernization of the "Sewage Technology" course. In order to promote the digital transformation of the college, it is necessary to employ specialist teachers,
- Support of the management of the vocational schools in the development of strategies and action plans for the digital transformation
- Advice on the development of e-learning systems, digital platforms, cloud services, digital teaching and learning materials and other modern learning and teaching methods
- Training of school and company multipliers to develop digital skills and in the field of e-pedagogy
- Support and strengthen cooperation with companies in relation to vocational training 4.0 and the integration of the requirements of Industry 4.0 in training programs
- Support of the public relations work of the vocational schools in the use of digital information channels
- Advice on digital entrepreneurship and startups
- University degree or professional qualification related to IT and education
- Experience in the field of digital transformation in the education sector, very good knowledge of information and communication technologies, e-learning systems and platforms such as Moodle, BBB and Atingi
- Strong communication, presentation and moderation skills
- Network skills, teamwork, structured work style with a high degree of self-organization, flexibility and creativity
- Experience in the field of wastewater technology (not a necessary requirement)
- Experience abroad, ideally in Asia, as well as intercultural communication skills
- Experience in the cross-cutting issues of gender and inclusion of people with disabilities
- very good knowledge of English
The following link provides information about living and working in Vietnam .
In general, the security situation is calm. GIZ's requirements for security measures must be followed at all times. In principle, please also inform yourself about country-specific information from the Federal Foreign Office. A contact person for security risk management is named in the on-site GIZ office. There are no restrictions on the part of GIZ for family members to leave the country. If necessary, we ask you to find out which types of relationships are legally and socially accepted in the country of assignment.
The fine dust pollution at the place of use exceeds the limit value permitted in Europe many times over. As part of the selection process and in the course of the employment examination, you will be informed about suitable protective and behavioral measures.
For general questions from dependent partners about employment on site - please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
GIZ is a signatory to the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees should experience appreciation - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation.
The job advertisement is aimed at all genders.
GIZ's development service welcomes applicants who have completed vocational training and / or who have completed at least two years of relevant professional experience. You also have German citizenship or the citizenship of another EU member state.
Please understand that we can only accept and process applications via our e-recruiting system. After confirming the successfully created application, we ask you to check your spam / junk folder regularly, as e-mails from our eRecruiting system are classified as spam by some providers.
Here you can get an overview of our service packages.
The prerequisite for the conclusion of the contract is the lifting of the restrictions on travel and business travel currently in force in the company to contain the Covid 19 virus that is spreading around the world.
Location: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)