About FHI 360
FHI 360 is an international nonprofit working to improve the health and well-being of people in the United States and around the world.
We partner with governments, the private sector and civil society to bring about positive social change and to provide lifesaving health care, quality education and opportunities for meaningful economic participation. We do this by using research and evidence to design and deliver innovative programs that change behaviors, increase access to services and improve lives.
Our staff of more than 4,000 professionals work in more than 60 countries. Their diverse technical expertise and deep understanding of local conditions provide a 360-degree perspective that allows us to develop customized responses to the toughest human development challenges.
The Director of Finance & Operations is a member of the FHI 360 Vietnam Country Office Senior Management Team. S/he is responsible for oversight of the finances, contracts and grants and overall administration system for FHI 360 Vietnam Country Office. The role will ensure the achievement of all financial control and performance objectives in accordance with requirements of FHI 360 and in compliance with its funding agencies in coordination with the FHI 360 Vietnam Country Representative (CR), Chiefs of Party (CoP), and Project Directors (PD).
Country Office Leadership
- Serve as a member of the FHI 360 Country Office Senior Management Team. Works closely with the CR, CoPs, and PDs to provide input and assistance to the management of the country’s portfolio of programs with regards to strategy, business plans, operational plans, and budgets
- Carry out tasks as identified in the FHI 360 business and operational plans, identify and explore further areas of interest to FHI 360, and contribute to the growth and diversification of the FHI 360 portfolio
- Represent FHI 360 in external functions as needed at national, regional and district levels
- Responsible for oversight of all financial management areas including accounting, payments, reporting systems
- Ensure the compliance to all FHI 360 organizational policies, donor policies and local rules and regulations
- Manage the preparation, monitoring, and reporting of FHI 360 Vietnam Country Office annual budget
- Manage and monitor the various controls and financial measurements for the projects including budget limits, obligations, and burn-rates on an ongoing basis
- Oversee the timely completion and accuracy of weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports prepared for submission to the program funding agencies, local authorities, and FHI 360
- Review and design appropriate workflow systems, procedures and processes that ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the support function that finance provides.
- Build and maintain adequate financial resources in country to support program operations, including their sub-awards
- Review and update financial policies and procedures manuals as needed
- Coordinate with related staff at FHI 360 Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) in Bangkok, FHI 360 Headquarter offices in D.C. and North Carolina, to ensure that project budgets, and accounting and fiscal control procedures are implemented effectively
Contract and Grants Management
- Oversee pre-award assessment of new implementation agencies, and guide sub-award budget development with Country Office staff
- Oversee the monitoring and review of sub-award financial reports, sub-agreements and other activity financial reports to ensure compliance with FHI 360 policies
- Assist CR, CoPs/PDs to manage the development and review process for sub-agreements, contracts and amendments awarded from the Country Office
- Review and ensure that sub-agreements, contracts and amendment documents meet the Contracts Management Services (CMS) requirements and maintain quality assurance before execution by COPs/PDs
- Maintain regular communications with CMS Manager in APRO and HQ to ensure that the country office is updated on any changes to CMS (including certifications) and consultant formats and ensure that changes have been incorporated and implemented
- Maintain regular communications with USAID Office of Controller, Contracts and Health and other funding agencies to ensure Country Office is up-to-date on their policies affecting the FHI 360 programs
- Direct the provision of formal and informal technical assistance to implementing partners on issues of financial management per FHI 360, USAID and other donor policies and procedures
- Provide leadership in the application and interpretation of FHI 360, USAID and other donor rules, regulations policies and procedures
- Ensure periodic internal audits of projects are carried out
- Manage all aspects of other operational function: procurement, administrative and IT related issues
- Review and oversee the implement the Country Office Operations Manual
- Supervise and direct the day-to-day work of Finance and Operations to ensure smooth and efficient coordination with the Program and Technical Units
- Oversee consultant agreements for local and international consultants including the establishment and verification of rates
- Oversee the procurement process and the maintenance of necessary records for compliance
- Oversee maintenance of all personnel records including job application, appointment letter, personal data, probationary and annual performance evaluations and other confidential personnel documents.
- Review and propose revision for HR policies and procedures and salary and benefits compensation packages as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the CR, CoP, and/or FHI360 APRO and HQ
- BS/BA in accounting, finance, business administration or related field and 9-11 years relevant experience; or MS/MA in accounting, finance, business administration and 7-9 years relevant experience; or PhD or equivalent degree and 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Prior experience in senior management positions in related organizations.
- Proven experience and performance in program development, grant making and grant management with international organization.
- Ability to work in teams and create collaborative team building environment.
- Excellent English writing and with good communication skills.
- Experience with USAID rules and regulations.
- Ability to travel to the field 15-20 percent of the time
To have more information and apply for this job, please click HERE
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD