Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1996, SPIR has been operating in Vietnam and developing strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in 6 sectors livelihood, health, education, protection, relief and WASH.
SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the center province, Tra Vinh, the south province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Disaster Response Project Coordinator Grade: Junior Program Position Duration: From hiring date to March 31, 2022 with possibility of extension based on performance and funding Duty Station: Hanoi with frequent travel to project locations Reports To: Community Outreach and Response Project Manager
Disaster Response Project Coordinator responsible for the coordination, ongoing management, implementation, and monitoring of disaster risk reduction and disaster response within the Community Outreach and Response (COR) team under the direction of the COR Project Manager. Additionally he/she will support COR team’s activities with livelihood project(s), along with the implementation of other sector activities as needed.
- Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR): He/she is responsible for supporting with the development of disaster preparedness and response trainings for different agencies and community groups under the direction of COR Project Manager.
- Disaster Response: In the event of a local disaster, he/she is responsible to connect with local authorities/agencies, conduct needs assessment, and direct response including personnel and supplies under the leadership of the COR Project Manager. Other activities will include networking, research, and strategizing for disaster readiness to be equipped for quick response.
- Livelihood: He/she will support COR’s livelihood trainings and activities.
- Project Implementation:
- Coordinate effectively with partners and stakeholders as required for each project assigned;
- Coordinate and support for the team to implement all approved project activities under DRR and disaster response according to the timeline;
- Organize trainings for local partners and communities; DRR training will be based off Vietnam’s government curriculum for disaster risk management, assessment for disaster preparedness, vulnerability and capacity assessment, and other related topics.
- Facilitate support to partners in developing quality publications as Information, Education, Communication (IEC) materials, reports, workshop documents and brochures;
- Draw up terms of reference for consultancy and negotiate contractual agreements;
- Identify issues/areas of improvement with project implementation, and report them to COR Project Manager in a timely manner with recommendations/solutions.
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Monitor project activities conducted by SPIR and partners
- Undertake field level monitoring visits on a regular basis and develop well documented analytical monitoring reports of those visits;
- Prepare periodical progress reports and consolidated reports to reflect achievement of project targets, document lessons learnt and record project activities.
- Reporting and Data Entry: Collect and compile information from surveys, questionnaires, and other records into monthly and annual reports. Draft project narrative reports for stakeholders in coordination with the COR Project Manager.
- Stakeholder Management and Government Relations: Coordinate with partners to plan and implement activities. Foster strong relationships partner(s), authorities and target community. Assist with meetings, communications, and related documentation.
- Financial Management: Complete internal financial processes (cash advance, partner transfer, payment requests) to ensure timely completion of activities in accordance with approved budgets and donor requirements. Collects clear and accurate receipts. Creates regular financial expense reports for activities. Review partner financial reporting for compliance with financial requirements.
- Procurement: Utilize established office procedures to ensure the project has the necessary products and/or services to complete work in a timely manner.
- Communication: Ensure timely and appropriate planning, collection, creation, distribution, storage, retrieval, management, control, monitoring of project communication.
- Work Environment: Nurture a positive work environment and foster a commitment to SPIR values and ethics.
- Team Spirit: SPIR works as a team to carry out programming and additional responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
- DRR and Response Background: Bachelor’s Degree in communications, social work, education, management or related degree.
- At least 03 years’ experience working in disaster management or related field.
- At least 02 years’ experience in NGO project implementation.
- Strong willingness and passion to help vulnerable and disadvantaged in Vietnam.
- Intermediate in English and native Vietnamese-written and spoken. Good communication skills.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills; high level of integrity.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Ability to travel frequently to remote areas in varying weather conditions.
- Humble team player; ability to be flexible and adapt.
SPIR in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please note that Applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 31 March, 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
30/04/2021Đại sứ quán Hoa Kỳ
16/04/2021Save the Children
20/04/2021GGGI - The Global Green Growth Institute
All year roundGIZ
19/04/2021World Vision International (WVV)