THE OPPORTUNITY - DRR-ER Project Officer
The DRR-ER Project Officer is a member of DRR&ER team and primarily responsible for the implementation of the DRR/CCA Project in Ca Mau. She/he will assist to ensure that project implementation is consistent with SCI and Members’ programming principles and approaches, draw on good practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly..
1. Program Planning and Implementation
Disaster risk reduction
- Work closely with local partners in project implementation to ensure quality and timely delivery of project activities.
- Provide technical assistance in terms of DRR and ER to partners on approaches and implementation methods consistent with applicable good practice to achieve sustainable results.
- Monitor and support the implementation of DRR project in Ca Mau and other DRR projects when requested.
- Support Project Manager in liaise and sustain the relationships and contracts with key project partners including provincial government agencies and implementing local partners.
- Support Project Manager in developing project work plans including that of partner organizations.
- Support Project Manager in developing & revising the Project Detailed Implementation Plan and support partners in developing & revising their respective Detailed Implementation Plan.
- Provide inputs for communication materials development, field test them and make recommendations to ensure the quality of SC project materials (including training manuals, documentation and other project materials).
- Work closely with the team to share information and support the implementation on time.
- Maintain database, records for case studies, photos, and other data for project planning and documentation
- Coordinate all logistical preparation for visits, project activities and other related Emergency Preparedness and responses
- Be one of the core members of the Emergency Response team of SCI Vietnam.
- To implement the disaster preparedness plan, that includes the planning activities in country.
- Work with potential partners to get pre-agreement for the cooperation in Emergency Response.
- Support regional advisors/trainers and line manager to organize trainings for staffs on Emergency response and related topics.
- Ready to be deployed in case of emergency response
2. Finance Management and Budget Control
- Work closely with line manager and finance team for the project budgeting, cash forecast, phasing budgets and expense claim.
- Support project manager in monitoring project budgets and partners’ budgets and financial reports.
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep cost-efficiency of the actions.
- Frequently monitor the budget of each Emergency Response award.
3. Program Development, Monitoring, reporting, accountability and learning
- Actively participate in and provide input for development of new concept notes/proposals and program strategies.
- Keep self-up-to-date withthe developments in the region, and of national sector in regards to DRR&ER and share with team where relevant.
- Ensure the field MEAL, including regular monitoring visits to provinces and the post distribution monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability across team.
- Maintain the feedback mechanism for all project implementation.
- Initiate the development of case studies and other project materials.
- Support Project Manager in preparing relevant reports (regular internal and donor reports) for submission to program manager for review and compilation.
- Assist in developing needs assessment tools, designing training modules, and conducting training necessary.
- Participate in, support and prepare logistics for research, surveys and other monitoring and/or evaluation activities in all project sites as needed.
- Propose solutions to address assessed needs and adjust implementation approaches to attain or maintain the highest quality based on assessment and ongoing monitoring and evaluation.
- Build local partner capacity by planning and coordinating the implementation of project activities, identifying training needs, developing training plans and providing training to develop needed capacity
- Meet with local partners and the project management board on a regular basis, record minutes, cooperate and collaborate on program design and implementation;
- Contribute to maintain collegial working relationships with all stakeholders through collaboration and cooperation;
- Contribute to ensure effective communication in order that all partners are well informed on program objectives and activities;
- Represent the project in workshops and meetings as requested by Project Manager; and
- Actively collaborate with sectoral colleagues in SCI Vietnam to promote shared directions, exchange best practices, and provide assistance.
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in community development, social work, environment or related fields.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 2 years’ experience in an NGO environment, including experience implementing programs in related fields.
- Experience in construction monitoring, children focused programming and disaster risk reduction is desirable.
- Good understanding of disaster risk challenges in Mekong Delta is desirable.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles/accountability frameworks, especially for work with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Well organized and good experience of effective budget monitoring, developing and management.
- Good skills in communicating in English and Vietnamese.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Prior experience working with Save the Children and familiarity with organization’s policies and procedures will be an advantage.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at:
Closing Date for Application:22nd September, 2021
If you have any issues with applying via our system, please send email explaining your troubles to email@example.com
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We believe that gender equality is a basic right for all people
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross