Expert in Policies and the Institutional and Regulatory Framework (m/f/d): EU-Vietnam Sustainable Energy Transition Facility
- Job-ID: P1866V002
- Location: Hanoi
- Assignment period: 11/08/2021 - 09/07/2027
- Field: Climate Change, Environment
- Type of employment: full-time
- Application deadline: 04/18/2021
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a service enterprise for development cooperation with international operations and global experience. Owned by the Federal Republic of Germany, the organisation operates as a private-sector enterprise with a development policy mandate: to make sustainable improvements to the living conditions of people in the countries we operate in. The organisation’s business area - GIZ International Services - is the vehicle for offering GIZ’s services to international clients.
GIZ International Services is currently preparing to bid for the tender on the EU funded project “EU-Viet Nam Sustainable Energy Transition Facility”. This facility will provide, on a demand-driven basis, expertise and capacity development in areas such as technology and knowledge transfer through cooperation on areas like research, higher education and R&D for renewable energy and energy efficiency, renewable energy and energy efficiency policy, legal and regulatory frameworks, norms and technical standards, power market analyses, energy governance, energy information systems, energy budgeting and planning. The main beneficiaries/users of the facility will be Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) and its various subsidiary institutions, and other energy stakeholders like the Provincial People's Committees, relevant Committees of the National Assembly, the Ministry of Planning and Investment, the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Science and Technology as well as relevant social organisations.
The Expert in Policies and the Institutional and Regulatory Framework of the Energy Sector (m/f/d) will be in charge of providing specific sectoral knowledge to the project and to support the Team Leader in the implementation.
Qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree in economics, regulation, law, business administration, political science, public administration, engineering or equivalent.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Local language skills would be an asset.
General professional experience:
- At least 12 years of professional experience in the field of energy.
Specific professional experience:
- At least 7 years of experience related to the policy and regulatory framework of the energy sector (e.g. electricity codes, tariff policies, renewable energy and/or energy efficiency regulation and support schemes, electricity planning and masterplans, unbundling processes, support to regulatory authorities, mini-grid or independent production regulation, energy access masterplans, energy statistics, energy markets), some of which must be in Asia.
- Working experience in a national or regional regulatory authority, in an energy Ministry or in the commercial/legal part of a utility would be a strong asset.
- Experience in managing technical assistance teams would be an asset.
- Experience in the EU policy and/or acquis communautaire in the field of energy would be an asset.
- Previous experience with EU-funded projects or for large donor organisations would be an asset.
- Experience working in Vietnam would be an asset.
Please note that the European Union has not yet published the detailed Terms of Reference for this project. Therefore, location, timing, tasks and requirements of this position may be subject to change.
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued - regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please understand that we can accept and process applications in principle only, via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some providers classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disabilities, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
Please send us an updated CV in EuropeAid format in English.
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)