Health Poverty Action (HPA) is an international NGO (UK Registered Charity Number 290535), founded in 1984, with its head office based in London, UK. HPA currently implements programmes in 15 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America.
HPA has been operational in Viet Nam since 2016 and is currently implementing projects related to malaria control and elimination funded by the Global Fund to Fight Tuberculosis, AIDS and Malaria (GFTAM). The new 3-year GFTAM project is being implemented in two target provinces
in collaboration with the National Lung Hospital, provincial lung hospitals, academic and local NGO partners.
Title: Finance and Administration Officer
Location: HPA – Viet Nam Country Office, Hanoi – with possible occasional travel to project areas.
Reporting to: Finance Manager.
Working with: HPA Viet Nam: Program, M&E and Finance teams, NTP and partners.
HEALTH POVERTY ACTION BACKGROUND:
Health Poverty Action (HPA) is an international NGO, which has worked in Vietnam since 2016. Our mission is to support poor people in their efforts to achieve better health and well-being. Priority is given to the most excluded and vulnerable, in particular indigenous people and communities affected by conflict and political instability. HPA works with communities on long-term programmes to build knowledge and skills that will enable them to improve their own health and to gain access to effective health services and information.
Currently, HPA implements projects related to Tuberculosis (TB), malaria control and elimination funded by the Global Fund to Fight Tuberculosis, AIDS and Malaria (GFTAM). The new 3-year GFTAM project is being implemented in two target provinces in collaboration with the National Lung Hospital, provincial lung hospitals, academic and local NGO partners.
Financial Administration Duties
- Pro-actively support the Finance Manager with the financial administration of the HPA Viet Nam Country Office (VCO) and project implementation.
- Maintain project cash-books and records of all daily financial transactions, according to HPA policies and procedures.
- Ensure the accuracy of coding, computation and the completeness of supporting documentation before release of any transaction payment.
- In collaboration with relevant staff prepare cash requests and submit for approval before arranging transfers.
- Prepare payment/ receipt vouchers and cash advances, record into cashbook as appropriate and undertake a weekly cash-count.
- Monitor the cash balance held by the office to ensure sufficient cash for project expenses.
- Liaison with local banks on day-to-day office business such as cash deposits, cheque receipts and local transfers, as well as assisting with international fund transfers.
- Ensure that adequate financial supporting documentation is submitted to HPA finance staff to justify expenditure and avoid ineligible expenditure due to a lack of supporting documentation.
- Pro-actively support the Finance Manager with the preparation of external audit materials related to project expenditure, including: financial reports, expenditure supporting documentation, bank statements, procurement files and contracts for staff, consultants and service providers, etc.
- Ensure that the internal financial controls are in place and are adhered to, including in relation to project partners.
- Liaison with the government insurance office the relevant tax authorities to ensure that all required payments and procedures are followed related to HPA Vietnam staff and consultants.
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager, programme staff, the Lung Hospitals and partner staff to support the accurate and timely submission of internal and external financial reports.
- Support the Finance Manager with the timely preparation and submission of Global Fund financial reports as per donor contractual requirements.
- Support the submission of reports for relevant government departments and PACCOM.
Logistics and Procurement
- Support in arranging logistics, organization of workshops, seminars, meetings, etc. including estimating budgets for these activities, settle payment, monitoring expenditures, and ensuring that documents and other materials are available on time.
- In collaboration with relevant staff, ensure effective logistics support for all travel arrangements, workshops and other official events for HPA Vietnam operations.
- Maintain familiarity with HPA policies/ procedures and donor compliance issues, specifically those relating to Administration, Procurement and Finance, and ensure that projects are implemented in adherence to those requirements.
- Procurement – process purchase orders, obtain quotes for materials, equipment and services as requested by the M&E Coordinator, and ensure HPA policies are adhered to and all supporting documents are completed for audit purposes (including information on partner procurement and consultant sub-contracts).
- Asset Management – monitor and update inventories of the Vietnam Office (equipment, furniture, vehicles etc.), as specified in relevant HPA policies; ensure new purchases/ equipment transfers are recorded on the inventory list in a timely manner and that asset disposal adheres to donor’s requirements and HPA policies, as agreed with HPA HQ staff.
- Collaborate with relevant staff to ensure the timely submission of procurement/ asset reports to meet donor contractual requirements.
- In collaboration with relevant staff ensure appropriate actions for all office communications, i.e. incoming mails, phone calls and fax messages and ensure regular checks of communications equipment.
- Provide Administrative support for the HPA Vietnam office as required (e.g. maintenance office supplies, file storage, etc.).
- Maintain good inter-team communication and strong standards of professionalism.
- Other duties as requested by the Finance Manager.
Essential Qualifications/ Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance; with demonstrable work experience in finance and administration.
- A minimum of three years accounting and other relevant work experience; a good knowledge and experience of book-keeping and accounting is essential.
- Experience of working with Quick-Book accounting software (essential), with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Strong problem solving, organisational and writing skills.
- Strong communication skills – with ability to communicate at all levels.
- Fluency in spoken and written English language skills required.
- Commitment to the values of Health Poverty Action working with marginalised people in remote areas, including willingness to occasionally travel and work in target provinces.
Desirable Qualifications/ Experience
- Five years relevant financial administration work experience.
- Experience of working on international donor funded projects and meeting donor compliance requirements.
- Advanced level of working with accounting software.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a completed HPA Application Form, along with a CV, in the Application Form candidates should clearly demonstrate how their experience meets the Qualifications and Experience detailed in the full job descriptions. Please refer to the attached files HERE.
Please send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is Feb 22nd 2021, 5pm.
Early applied CV will be preferred.
The most suitably qualified candidates will be invited for interview.
Health Poverty Action is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for the position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/03/2021USAID Wildlife Asia
11/03/2021Đại sứ quán Hàn quốc
19/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
31/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
19/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
07/03/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
01/05/2021World Vision Vietnam (WVV)
All year roundWorld Vision Vietnam (WVV)
19/03/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Truyền thông vì sự phát triển bền vững (CSD)
31/03/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact