*Position locations to be determined by home country of successful candidate in a jurisdiction (US state or country) where WVI is registered.
*Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to provide technical advisory to WV’s governance and social accountability programs, primarily World Vision’s Citizen Voice and Action (CVA) approach, an enabling core model implemented in 50 countries to date and documented to significantly contribute to Child Well-Being outcomes in Education, Health and Child protection, with further implementation in WASH and Livelihoods. The Adviser will work with the Sectors, Regional teams and the Field Offices, innovating and adapting CVA to ensure its fit for purpose. The position will coordinate Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DME) across Transformational Development and will lead CVA Design and Implementation and Quality Assurance (DIQA). Further, the Adviser will contribute to new and ongoing evidence building on WVs social accountability and its sustainability, ensuring links between evidence and grant opportunities, development of key relationships with research partners and maintaining WV as a global thought leadership on Social Accountability. Finally, the Advisor will manage the 100 member CVA Community of Practice.
Lead on Citizen Voice and Action innovation, adaptation and sustainability
- Collaborate with the relevant stakeholders to develop, pilot and socialise the adaptation of CVA for different contexts and sectors.
- Provide and refine technical guidance based on emerging evidence and best practice, including on integration with sector Project Models.
- Develop and promote approaches to sustaining CVA process and outcomes in grant and sponsorship programmes.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration, partnerships and though leadership towards the institutionalisation of CVA.
Coordinate TD DME & Lead Quality Assurance for Citizen Voice and Action
- Guide on indicator construction and programme logic (eg pathways of change and log frames) for TD teams.
- Advise other DME related functions to understand and integrate sustainability drivers in their work.
- Ensure up to date and complete CVA guidance and resources for Design, Monitoring and Evaluation including Design and Implementation Quality Assurance (DIQAs), Logic and Theory of Change diagrams, indicators.
- Monitor adherence to quality standards (e.g DIQA) and recommend actions needed to improve the CVA model, its implementation, capabilities, or other areas to maximize impact.
- Provide targeted support for CVA DME to other sector teams, Support, Regional and Field Offices.
Research, Thought Leadership and Knowledge Management
- Document best practice and examples of sectorial integration and share internally and externally.
- Work with the CVA database analyst to promote database externally and internally for both M&E purposes, advocacy and resource acquisition.
- In collaboration with the Evidence Building Team, establish new social accountability research partnerships and support the implementation of existing ones.
- Identify strategic research funding opportunities and support key World Vision stakeholders (e.g SOs, FOs) to submit these to the evidence building steering committee.
- Work with Evidence Building, TSO, SOs, ROs and FOs to ensure high quality CVA research designs.
- Provide interpretation of internal and external research findings for improved practice – including update and socialization of applicable technical guidance and popular knowledge products.
- Manage the CVA Community of Practice (including on WV central and wvi.org) - ensure technical guidance, best practice, research, global trends and innovation are appropriately and timely shared.
- Provides input to the Social Accountability Leadership Team (SALT).
- In coordination/collaboration with the TSO, maybe required to support the development of case studies and CVA evaluations.
- Keep abreast of latest developments and innovations in the broader sector that is relevant to WV and share them internally.
- Network with global peers, researchers and other relevant organisations to learn best practice and ensure WVs social accountability programming remains cutting edge.
- Contribute to WVs external thought and practice leadership on areas of social accountability innovation and adaptation – including with global donors and organizations through involvement in relevant conferences, research, communications and, where requested, representation.
Provide Technical Advisory for strategic grants for Social accountability
- Provide up to date social accountability landscape information to relevant teams in GC/RO/SO/NO – including GAM, Sectors and Advocacy.
- Develop and ensure up-to-date CVA Capacity statements and donor briefs to support grant acquisition and external engagement.
- In coordination with the TSO, ensure technical support to pre-proposal scoping, pre-positioning and proposal development for strategic and high value social accountability grants, including fit for purpose adaptations for new areas for CVA, ensuring technical quality incorporates strong evidence from practice and research.
- Keeps track of global data on CVA grants, through Horizon and where additionally available from SO, Regions and FOs and represents this internally to improve the efficiency and coordination of grant pipeline as well as for leadership updates.
- Represent Social Accountability to the GAM advisory group.
- Provides additional guidance to grant implementation where lessons are of strategic importance e.g. for program effectiveness, scale-up, new adaptation or updating technical guidance.
- In coordination with the TSO, support the implementation of CVA grants to FOs that are struggling with start-up and quality implementation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated experience in Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DME).
- Demonstrated ability to developing technical guidance or capacity building resources.
- Track record in effectively convening, coordinating, and communicating with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated organizational, interpersonal, and analytic skills.
- Experience in thought leadership and strong writing skills.
- Master’s degree in a field related to international development, governance or social accountability.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in social accountability, governance, advocacy or international development, including significant field level experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in grant acquisition and management.
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
- Some working knowledge of either French or Spanish is an advantage.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrated networking skills with established networks among donor community.
- Easily establishes rapport with diverse range of actors.
- Experience in donor engagement and external representation.
- Demonstrated experience in the pre-positioning, development, design, and evaluation of large multi-sectoral grants.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Find out more details HERE.
DEADLINE: 5th April 2021
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)