Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1996, SPIR has been operating in Vietnam and developing strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in 4 sectors health, education, protection, and disaster preparedness and response.
SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the central province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Health Project Assistant
Grade: Junior Program
Position Duration: 15 months (from December 1, 2020 to March 31, 2022) with possibility of extension
Duty Station: Hanoi with frequent travel to project locations
Reports To: Health Project Manager
The Health Project Assistant will support the Health Program of Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) under the direction of the Health Project Manager. He or she provides logistical, administrative, and monitoring support under the direction of the Health Project Manager. Additionally he or she can provide technical support with health trainings and trainings of Traditional Birth Attendants.
Currently the projects take place in Quang Nam, Lai Chau and Lao Cai Provinces yet may shift to other areas. The current components of health programming include training of Traditional Birth Attendants, health staff capacity building training, and community based health and nutrition programming for mothers with children under age five years old.
- Project Implementation: Support Health Project Manager and Health Project Coordinator(s) with project implementation and monitoring.
- Support to prepare and carry out activities at project locations including trainings, activities, assessments, monitoring, and evaluation under the direction of each sector Project Manager.
- Trainings: Assist with and/or prepare and conduct health trainings with the development of supporting materials under the direction of the Health Project Manager.
- Logistics: Prepare logistical arrangements including transportation, accommodations, meals, and supplies for project activities.
- Procurement: Ensure the project has the necessary products and/or services to complete activities in a timely manner. Ensure correct delivery of project supplies. Ensure supplies meet the requirements defined by project teams.
- Administration: Prepare documents needed to track project activities, surveys, Independent Contractor contracts, forms, purchase requests, etc.
- Schedule: Mange timely completion of the project activities under the direction of the Project Manager in coordination with partners. Programs Manager will assign responsibilities under each sector.
- Quality: Overseeing activities to ensure they meet the quality needs for which it was approved.
- Project Monitoring & Evaluation:
- Monitor training and activities conducted by SPIR and partners.
- Complete survey on trainings and activities and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Compile data from surveys, questionnaires, and activities to create summary of information for input into reports including data software and monthly reports.
- Collect information, photos, videos from beneficiaries and partners for reports.
- Stakeholder, Partner, and Government Relations:
- Assist the Health Project Manager(s) and Health Project Coordinator(s) with meetings, communications, and related documentation. Direct partner communication is only at the local coordination level.
- Foster strong relationships with partnering authorities at district & commune levels.
- Ensure proper communication with team members and partners.
- Financial Management:
- Requests cash advances and ensure activity budgets are spent appropriately and according to donor requirements.
- Collects clear and accurate receipts and creates regular finance expense reports for activities completed.
- Reviews partner financial reporting for accuracy and compliance with financial requirements.
- Communication: Ensure proper communication with team members and partners.
- Nurture a positive work environment, fostering a commitment to SPIR values and ethics.
- Other Responsibilities: SPIR works as a team to carry out programming and additional responsibilities will be assigned to achieve the goals of our project activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree related to Medical, Pharmacy, Health Public, or related field.
- At least 01 year experience working with in health or health related field
- At least 01 years’ experience in project execution or formal training
- Strong willingness and passion to see help poor and disadvantaged in Vietnam.
- Intermediate English-written and spoken desired, basic English required
- Fluency in Vietnamese-written and spoken
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills; high level of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Professional maturity: ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goals.
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Ability to travel frequently to remote villages in varying weather conditions to carry out project activities.
SPIR in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please note that Applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your Cover letter and SPIR Application form (as attached) to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Health Project Assistant Opportunity” in the subject title.
Application Deadline: 25 November, 2020
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
01/01/1970Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Truyền thông Vì sự phát triển bền vững
29/11/2020Mines Advisory Group (MAG)
15/12/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)