Junior Project Officer in Social Marketing and Communication “DeveloPPP PBS”
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas: 1) Vocational training; 2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use; 3) Energy. For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.
GIZ implements the project “Promote and Pilot a Public Bike-Sharing (PBS) Scheme in Vietnam towards Sustainable Urban Mobility and Smart Cities”, which is financed by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project is implemented under a public private partnership agreement (DeveloPPP) in cooperation with Vietsoftpro. The objective of the project is to promote the use of bicycles and to create an enabling environment for Public Bike Sharing schemes in urban areas of Vietnam, namely in the city of Hue.
The DeveloPPP PBS project has 4 main outputs:
- Formulation of a bicycle transportation development plan for Hue city
- Development of a public bike-sharing scheme in Hue city
- Development of a technical guideline for the design of cycling infrastructure
- Training and communications to promote cycling culture/ bicycle use
The DeveloPPP PBS project works under the umbrella of the GIZ project “Support to Vietnam for the Implementation of the Paris Agreement” (VN-SIPA), which support the Government of Viet Nam in establishing the framework conditions to implement the NDC and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
The DeveloPPP PBS project is looking for a national candidate to fill the following position:
Junior Project Officer in Social Marketing and Communication “DeveloPPP PBS” Duty station: Hue City, Vietnam Duration: ASAP from May 2021 until Dec 2022 (with possibility of extension)
The overall responsibility of this position is to collaborate with Vietsoftpro supporting project activities in Hue. Under the supervision and guidance of a Senior Project Officer, the Junior Project Officer will be responsible to:
- Build media network and maintain cooperation with public media at both local and national level;
- Support Hue City Peoples Committee (Hue PPC) and Vietsoftpro in organizing events to promote cycling culture/bicycle use in Hue city (e.g cycling events for #June3WorldBicycleDay, #Sept17WorldCyclingDay, Cycling Safety, A Day with Bike-Sharing, etc);
- Identify ideas for promotion items for events, identify relevant service providers to produce these promotion items and collaborate with the service providers to ensure quality of these products in line with communication regulation of GIZ Vietnam and DeveloPPP programme;
- Prepare media cover for recording and reporting after events
- Innovative and actively promote cycling and bicycle use in Hue through different social media communication channels;
- Support Vietsoftpro building and maintaining a network with tourism service providers (travel agencies, hotels, coffee bars) to prepare for creation of an business ecosystem, where PBS will be a contributor in the value chain of tourism services;
- Actively contribute to the marketing/promotion/selling of PBS services and its benefits to potential partners;
- Support Vietsoftpro in identifying and developing new cycling tours in Hue in collaboration with tour operators;
- Propose and contribute to project awareness raising activities for different stakeholders/actors;
- Draft press releases and design communication materials of project activities in Hue in collaboration with the SIPA PR and Communication team;
- Actively participate in the GIZ PR and Communication working group/MS team forum and exchange with other GIZ colleagues in other programs/projects to internally promote the topic in GIZ;
- Collaborate with GIZ Hanoi and SIPA admin team to support administrative issues in Hue;
- Other duties and tasks at the request of the management if required
- University degree in Communication, Social Marketing, Marketing, Business Model Promotion, or any other discipline relevant to the assignment in combination with relevant work experience and/or relevant training courses. Holding a Master’s degree would be an asset;
- 1-3 years of work experience in a relevant field;
- Knowledge of common software/applications on design, video and picture editing, and other digital applications. Being technophile is considered an asset;
- Knowledge of common public and social communication methods/channels;
- Fluent in English and Vietnamese (reading, speaking, writhing). Graduation in an English graduation programme abroad would be an advantage;
- Willingness to learn, to take initiative, to further develop and to upskill as advised by supervisors;
- Ability to work in a team and sometimes under high pressure/tight deadlines;
- Preferably dynamic, creative with a good understanding of tasks mentioned above;
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions in a friendly and creative working environment, competitive benefits and compensation, and good training and professional development possibilities.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam) before 5th April 2021.
Note: Please state “Application for the Junior Project Officer of DeveloPPP PBS project” in the subject line or on the envelope. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: http://bit.ly/2nyiCY6.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
15/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
10/12/2021The U.S Embassy Hanoi
13/12/2021The U.S. Mission to Vietnam
12/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
30/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
21/12/2021Save the Children
09/12/2021UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
09/12/2021Save the Children
06/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization
10/12/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
08/12/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
07/12/2021SOS Children’s Villages International
13/12/2021WHO - World Health Organization