Junior Project Officer “Protected Areas and Sustainable Forest Management”
As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam .
The cluster "Environment, Climate Change, Biodiversity" currently comprises a total of five teams in the thematic areas of climate change, coast and water, agriculture, biodiversity and forests, regional economic integration as well as numerous service packages of global projects, and private public partnerships.
The Technical Cooperation Project “Conservation and sustainable Use of Forest Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services in Viet Nam” is financed by German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) with counterpart funds from the Vietnamese Government. The implementing agencies are the GIZ and the Viet Nam Administration of Forestry under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD).
GIZ is working together with VNFOREST and the management boards of selected protected areas in the area of sustainable forest management planning, implement mechanisms which provide benefits from biodiversity conservation and sustainable forest management to local communities and the development of sustainable financing strategies. Additionally, work packages are implemented related to illegal wildlife trade and pandemic prevention.
The BIO project requires a qualified local candidate for the following position of:
Position No. 2: Junior Project Officer “Protected Areas and sustainable forest management”
Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: ASAP until 31.12.2021, with the possibility of extension
- Support the implementation daily operational aspects of all issues related to the conservation and sustainable forest management and possibly other working areas under the umbrella of forests & biodiversity;
- Organize, manage and ensure smooth interpretation/translation of the project activities, including: outsourcing, translating/interpreting and ensuring quality control.
- In collaboration with component/project managers and colleagues, support in carrying out activities related to organization of trainings, workshops and project communication activities.
- Support project/component manager in collecting information for technical studies, researches and any technical briefs under the project framework.
- Under the guidance of project/component manager, responsible for activity planning, coordination and monitoring
- University degree in forestry, agriculture, natural resources management, economics or related fields;
- Working experience, preferably for development agencies as project/program assistant and/or assistant of Chief Technical Advisor
- Some knowledge on programme administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring
- Ability to work effectively as a team member, cooperatively and support other team members, show initiative when required
- Ability to manage multiple demands and prioritise tasks, trouble-shoot, and to meet short- and long-term deadlines
- Flexibility and willingness to perform other duties and work irregular hours when required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and show respect for colleagues
- Excellent interpretation and translation skill both from English and Vietnamese
- Commitment, demonstrated knowledge, and understanding of minority groups in Vietnam and gender-related issues
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and manage deadlines;
- Ability to work autonomously and motivate one-self;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
Successful candidates will enjoy competitive benefits and compensation, a friendly and creative working environment, training and development.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to send GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org ) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Viet Nam), before 8th April 2021.
Note: Please state ‘Application for the Junior Project Officer – BIO’ in the subject line or on the envelope:
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download HERE.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)