JOB TITLE: M&E and Program Officer (Vietnamese version here)
Number of staff: 02
Full time position: 100% FTE
Duration of contract: 1 year (extension to be based on performance and availability of funds)
Location: Ha Noi or Hai Phong
Friends for International Tuberculosis Relief (FIT) is a registered non-profit organization working in the field of tuberculosis (TB) prevention and care service delivery, technical assistance, advocacy and research.
In collaboration with the National TB Control Program (NTP) and other local and international partners, we are building a comprehensive Search-Treat-Prevent TB program across three cities in Viet Nam (Ho Chi Minh City, Hai Phone and Hoi An). In the short term, we are aiming to 1) increase TB detection and treatment in key populations, such as household contacts, children and people visiting private healthcare providers; 2) provide social support and adherence monitoring options to improve TB treatment outcomes; and 3) scale up TB infection screening and treatment services. We hope these efforts will lead to declines in Viet Nam’s TB burden over the medium and long term. We currently have over 200 Android tablets in the field to facilitate direct electronic data capture using a mHealth app which is integrated with the National TB Control Program’s electronic TB treatment notification and reporting system. The program’s database is vast, having over 690,000 data points / observations after just a few months of field activities.
Our organization is growing quickly and we are searching for highly qualified and motivated candidates. For additional information please refer to www.tbhelp.org.
- Coordinate data collection with a diverse field team directly employed by IRD VN and the government of Viet Nam (GVN)
- Assist training new field staff on data systems and study SOPs
- Develop and update codebooks for electronic data collection tools
- Conduct field work to understand use of our data systems and to suggest system upgrades
- Verify and clean data collected by the field team in real time (database management)
- Develop the logic and templates for routine reports so health workers can self-direct their work
- Analyze data and make presentations for team members to facilitate data-driven programming
- Support calculation and verification of performance-based incentives
- Analyze program data for quarterly donor reporting
- Ensure Data quality assurance activities
- Facilitate operational research studies
- Occasionally enter paper-based data into our electronic databases
- Directly implement active screening activities for TB and other diseases in Hanoi or Hai Phong and other areas as required by the organization, including developing detailed plans, estimating costs, monitoring and evaluation technical assistant for implementation activities.
- Directly work with the provincial Lung hospitals, district health centers to implement project activities
- Other activities requested by FIT management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics/statistics, economics, computer science, development or related fields and at least one year of relevant work experience are required
- Understanding of relational databases
- A ‘numbers person’ with strong quantitative and statistical skills
- Detail oriented with exacting standards to maintain accuracy and impartiality in all work products
- Ability to balance numerous tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Experience working on health programs or health research, particularly for TB
- Proficient in a statistical software package (STATA, R, SPSS, or SAS)
- Experience effectively engaging with government health entities
- Experience engaging with community healthcare workers
- Strong organizational and work prioritization skills, attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good attitude, self-motivated, and ability to work well individually as well as in teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Fluency in Vietnamese is required
- Some knowledge of English is preferred, but not required
- Be willing to travel
APPLICATIONS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- A cover letter
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopy of degree certificate(s) / diploma(s)
- One employment reference (Name, Phone Number, Email Address)
SUBMIT AN APPLICATION:
- By e-mail to HR@tbhelp.org
- Subject ‘M&E and Program Officer Application’
- No later than 15 December 2020
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Full benefits will be included in the compensation package.
All applications will be carefully considered, but only short-listed applicants will be interviewed.
If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, this means your application was unsuccessful.
FIT is an equal opportunity employer.
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
12/02/2021Center for Community Health Research and Development (CCRD)
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS