Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1996, SPIR has been operating in Vietnam and developing strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in six sectors livelihood, health, education, protection, relief and WASH.
SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the center province, Tra Vinh, the south province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Grade: Junior Program Position Duration: From hiring date to 31 March, 2022 with possibility of extension based on performance and funding Duty Station: Hanoi or HCMC with frequent travel to project locations Reports To: Program Development Manager
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will catalyze lasting impact in Vietnamese underserved communities by ensuring high-quality result-based projects. Reporting to the Program Development Manager, this position collects and report project data in line with SPIR requirements and ensure M&E system compliance within the country office. This position will assist Project Managers to evaluate project results and suggest changes to future project design.
This is a technical role. It requires extensive interaction with data and team members responsible for implementing project. Therefore, the successful applicant will have attention to detail and be highly analytical, as well as able to train and strategize well with others. Additional responsibilities include supporting with internal and external proposals, reporting, and documentation.
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation: configure and implement M&E systems.
- Assist project staff to collect, validate, synthesize, and update data in internal monitoring system. Ensure compliance with internal M&E requirements.
- Manage and maintain a database from projects.
- Assist Project Managers to develop Monitoring and Evaluation for Learning and Accountability (MEAL) plans. Review and verify data to maintain high level of integrity.
- Create tools such as questionnaire, survey, interview, tests, etc. for project staff to evaluate project results and impact.
- Assist Program Development Manager with project evaluation/review and capacity training.
- Project Identification and Design: support the Program Development Manager and Project Managers in needs assessment and proposal development.
- Reporting: assist project teams to prepare internal and external reports.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Work Environment: Nurture a positive work environment and foster a commitment to SPIR values and ethics.
- Team spirit: SPIR works as a team to carry out programming and additional responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in data science, accounting, or associated field
- At least 02 year experience working with M&E or data management.
- Strong willingness and passion to see help poor and disadvantaged in Vietnam.
- Experience with capacity building training.
- Experience with humanitarian work, NGOs, and non-profit organizations preferred, but not required.
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese-written and spoken. Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, time management and organizational skills; high level of integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize data to contribute to organizational goals and objectives.
- Humble team player; ability to be flexible and adapt, maturity
- Comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Ability to travel frequently to remote villages in varying weather conditions.
SPIR in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please note that Applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: 25 March, 2021
24/10/2021Preferred by Nature,
30/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
29/10/2021Mekong River Commission (MRC)
Consultant for Data Analysis for the project “Strengthening access to online skills training for young workers in Viet NamIOM
22/10/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF)
24/10/2021Save Vietnam's WIldlife
All year roundMCNV
25/10/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
12/12/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam
Consultancy to Study the Feasibility and Create a “Turnkey” Bakery Business Concept for Young EntrepreneursIECD
25/10/2021Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Ứng dụng Khoa học về Giới – Gia đình – Phụ nữ và Vị thành niên (CSAGA)