Health Poverty Action (HPA) is an international NGO (UK Registered Charity Number 290535), founded in 1984, with its head office based in London, UK. HPA currently implements programmes in 15 countries throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America.
HPA has been operational in Viet Nam since 2016 and is currently implementing projects related to malaria control and elimination funded by the Global Fund to Fight Tuberculosis, AIDS and Malaria (GFTAM). The new 3-year GFTAM project is being implemented in two target provinces in collaboration with the National Lung Hospital, provincial lung hospitals, academic and local NGO partners.Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Location: HPA - Viet Nam Country Office, Hanoi - with travel to project sites. Reporting to: M&E Coordinator. Working with: HPA Viet Nam: Program, M&E and Finance teams, NTP and partners.
HEALTH POVERTY ACTION BACKGROUND:Health Poverty Action (HPA) is an international NGO, which has worked in Vietnam since 2016. Our mission is to support poor people in their efforts to achieve better health and well-being. Priority is given to the most excluded and vulnerable, in particular indigenous people and communities affected by conflict and political instability. HPA works with communities on long-term programmes to build knowledge and skills that will enable them to improve their own health and to gain access to effective health services and information. Currently, HPA implements projects related to Tuberculosis (TB), malaria control and elimination funded by the Global Fund to Fight Tuberculosis, AIDS and Malaria (GFTAM). The new 3-year GFTAM project is being implemented in two target provinces in collaboration with the National Lung Hospital, provincial lung hospitals, academic and local NGO partners.
Technical M&E Duties:
- Assist programmatic management of the TB project: coordinate, monitor, and supervise project activities for TB control activities in project sites.
- Assist M&E Coordinator to ensure that M&E plans are timely and effectively developed, implemented and continuously monitored, assessed and updated as needed.
- Support M&E Coordinator to develop guidance on data collection, monitoring and reporting; integrate data where relevant or required.
- Provide necessary training to relevant staff and partners to increase capacity and skills in M&E and data collection to ensure the effective collection of data to fully comply with project data donor and internal reporting requirements.
- Undertake regular M&E visits to monitor the status of project achievements and verify data collection needs are being adhered to; prepare M&E reports following each monitoring visit.
- Collaborate with the M&E Coordinator and key project staff to ensure that government counterparts are kept up-to-date and informed of project monitoring and evaluation of progress, results and are actively involved as appropriate.
- Pro-actively interact with relevant colleagues to ensure that project data is regularly reflected upon and used to improve programme quality and performance results.
- Actively participate in quarterly project review meetings to analyse project performance/ achievements and agreed solutions to address issues identified.
- Draft memos detailing lessons learned and best practices identified during project implementation, to support project learning and reporting.
- Support HPA project planning and the implementation of activities in close collaboration with the M&E Coordinator, assigned counterparts and project partners.
- Actively participate in joint NTP-HPA planning, budgeting and monitoring initiatives, as requested.
- Submit monthly and quarterly work plans to the M&E Coordinator in a timely manner and undertake regular and timely revisions based on project developments.
- Pro-actively provide regular feedback to the M&E Coordinator on variations between planned and actual activity implementation, and issues that could negatively affect the successful implementation of the project.
- Assist in the development of TORs for evaluations, programme reviews and quality assurance initiatives.
- Maintain familiarity with donor regulations and compliance issues, ensuring that the project is implemented in compliance with HPA policies and donor requirements.
- Be responsible for making and aggregating reports on project’s activities: quarterly management reports; progress reports; and other reports as per request by donors and CPMU. This includes the collection, analysis and management of information/data to develop progress reports on project activities in the agreed formats.
- Provide regular M&E reports to the M&E Coordinator and discuss problems/ solutions identified.
- Assist M&E Coordinator in preparation, consolidation and reporting of accurate, timely and high- quality quarterly GF/NTP and other M&E related reports in alignment with donor requirements.
- Prepare and deliver PowerPoint and oral reports and presentations of project progress to relevant parties, as required.
- Ensure that M&E data, information and reports are properly documented, filed and stored for future reference.
- Draft other reports, as requested by the M&E Coordinator and/or the Country Director.
- Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with project partners.
- Represent the project in relevant forums and meetings, as agreed with the M&E Coordinator.
- Assist relevant staff and partners to develop and implement quality Information Education Communication (IEC) and Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) strategies/ materials, communication and promotional materials.
- Provide inputs for HPA’s advocacy and campaigns work as requested.
- Promote learning and sharing between projects in Viet Nam and the region, ensuring lessons learned are documented and shared with other projects and/or partners.
- Maintain good inter-team communication, optimistic outlook and strong standard of professionalism, engender constructive team dynamics, and take suitable action when problems occur.
- Assist the Country Director with the strategic development of the HPA Viet Nam Country Programme, as requested.
- In collaboration with the Country Director, M&E Coordinator and designated HPA staff, identify, developing and follow-up on potential new project funding opportunities.
- In collaboration with the Country Director, Southeast Asia Coordinator and relevant staff, assist with the development and writing of concept notes, project proposals and budgets.
- Assist the Country Director in developing bidding documents for consultancy opportunities in-country, regionally or internationally.
- Assist the M&E Coordinator with the strategic development of the HPA programme and support the collection of data for new concept notes, project proposals and consultancy opportunities, as requested.
- Maintain good inter-team communication and strong standards of professionalism.
- Other duties as reasonably requested by the M&E Coordinator and/ or Country Director.
Essential Qualifications/ Experience
- Relevant Bachelor Degree or post-graduate qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience related to monitoring and evaluation, preferably related to health and development programmes.
- Demonstrable experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Good working knowledge of statistics and ability to obtain, analyse and interpret data and present findings in written and oral form.
- Demonstrable ability to use data to improve programme quality and performance results.
- Competent in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; experience using statistical programs such as SPSS, DHIS-2 and/or EpiCollect5 preferred.
- Strong analytical, data management and report writing skills.
- Good spoken and written English language skills.
- Strong commitment to working with poor people in remote areas and promoting the rights of marginalised communities.
- Willingness to undertake periodic and extended field site visits.
Desirable Qualifications/ Experience
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of Global Fund-funded projects and performance frameworks.
- Five or more years relevant M&E work experience.
- Specialized training/ certification in data management or monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in participatory data collection methods/ protocols and data verification techniques.
Interested applicants are requested to submit a completed HPA Application Form, along with a CV, in the Application Form candidates should clearly demonstrate how their experience meets the Qualifications and Experience detailed in the full job descriptions. Please refer to the attached files HERE.
Please send applications to: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Feb 22nd 2021, 5pm.
Early applied CV will be preferred.
The most suitably qualified candidates will be invited for interview.
Health Poverty Action is an Equal Opportunities Employer Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for the positionCandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Asia for Animals Coalition Assistant - Farm Animals / Animals Asia Animal Welfare Assistant – Farm AnimalsAnimals Asia
15/08/2021Cục Y tế dự phòng
30/07/2021Save the Children
08/08/2021Action On Poverty