About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are currently seeking a qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese national candidate to serve as the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor for the USAID Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project. Position may be based in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
- Type: Fulltime
- Location: Hanoi/ Ho Chi Minh city
- Deadline: 28/04/2021
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Advisor (MELA) will provide management and technical leadership in support of surveillance, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for a USAID-funded HIV activity. Efforts will include the development and dissemination of tools, materials, reports, papers, and intervention-linked research. The MELA will provide technical guidance by designing and developing M&E systems and procedures for project-funded activities. The advisor will establish and lead implementation of the key components of an M&E system including data collection, analysis, and reporting on output, outcome, and impact indicators for the program. The MELA will develop data dashboards for real-time reporting, undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems, and participate in planning and implementing M&E system strengthening actions. The advisor will also be responsible for overseeing the collection, analysis and processing of monitoring and evaluation data; assisting in monitoring and reporting against the project’s performance indicators and results; developing methods and milestones to monitor the project’s progress towards its goals; and contribute to program strategy to ensure that activities and assignments are carried out as planned and program objectives achieved. The advisor will develop strong and supportive partnerships with both project staff and external stakeholders to foster a data-driven approach to programming and learning.
This position is subject to the provision of anticipated additional funding.
- Lead the program team in the design and implementation of the monitoring, evaluation, and research plan.
- Develop and ensure application of effective data collection, tracking, and reporting to monitor activity outputs and program quality.
- In collaboration with program staff, develop IT solutions to improve data collection and data sharing that support efficient and effective HIV reporting.
- Respond to all donor and headquarters data requests.
- Develop high-quality quantitative and qualitative participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results, including monitoring activities undertaken by consortium partners.
- Build enthusiasm and capacity for HIV stakeholders to use data to adapt and improve programmatic interventions.
- Provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on the M&E components of project design; such as the development of monitoring plans, assessments, reviews, surveys, and evaluations.
- Identify best practices for documentation such as success stories, technical reports, peer reviewed publications, surveillance reviews, and/or research and evaluation publications.
- Supervise or oversee outputs of program staff to implement all monitoring and evaluation activities, including staff working for consortium partners.
- Continually maintain a dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff among implementing partners to ensure data quality and use.
- Collaborate with Government of Vietnam (GVN) representatives / departments and other stakeholders in implementation of research designs and supervise all studies and results syntheses.
- Collect lessons learned from programs and collaborate with senior management to assure M&E components are of high quality and improve processes and practices in data analysis.
Experience and abilities for the position
- A Masters or PhD degree in epidemiology, public health, medicine, social sciences or a related field.
- At least one prior position managing a team to meet M&E requirements on a PEPFAR-funded project preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience in developing and supporting health programming.
- Practical ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in the development of M&E tools, data analysis, data use, and assessments.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in developing study protocols, supervising study field activities and data management, and has peer-reviewed publications.
- Experience working with USAID and PEPFAR-funded monitoring and evaluation systems highly preferred.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office), Power BI, and data analysis software.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in both Vietnamese and English.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
How to apply
Please apply the position ONLINE by April 28, 2021. Selection and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
Location: Hanoi or Hochiminh
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/05/2021Save the Children
10/06/2021USAID Saving Species Project
17/05/2021The U.S Embassy