EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN PUBLIC HEALTH
FHI 360 is an international non-governmental organization that, in Vietnam, promotes the health and well-being of the Vietnamese people, particularly vulnerable and marginalized populations. It works with the Vietnam Ministry of Health and other national bodies, as well as provincial and district-level health services to achieve project aims. FHI 360 is currently implementing programs to address HIV prevention, testing, and treatment; tuberculosis case finding and treatment; clinical research; anti-microbial resistance; health system strengthening; maternal and child health and nutrition; and diagnostic and laboratory services.
We are currently seeking a qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese national candidate to serve as the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor/Specialist who will lead the Analysis-to-Action Team for the USAID Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project. Position can be based in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City. Final determination of role (Specialist or Advisor) will be based on technical and managerial skills and experience.
The MEL Advisor/Specialist (MEL) will provide management and technical leadership in support of surveillance, M&E, and public health response activities for EpiC Vietnam. This individual will adapt/refine M&E systems and procedures for project-funded activities to ensure alignment with Government of Vietnam (GVN), donor, and program requirements. The individual will manage a team to implement data collection, analysis, and reporting on output, outcome, and impact indicators for the project. The MEL will develop data dashboards for real-time reporting, undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems, and participate in planning and implementing M&E system strengthening activities. The individual will also be responsible for overseeing collection, analysis and processing of M&E data; assisting in monitoring and reporting against project performance indicators and results; developing methods and milestones to monitor the project’s progress towards its goals; developing and implementing special data projects; and contributing to program strategy to ensure that activities and assignments are carried out as planned and program objectives achieved. The MEL will develop strong and supportive partnerships with both project staff and external stakeholders to foster a data-driven approach to programming and learning.
National Technical Excellence & Leadership
- Build enthusiasm and capacity for HIV stakeholders to use data to adapt and improve programmatic interventions.
- Provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on the M&E components of project, such as the development of monitoring plans, assessments, reviews, surveys, and evaluations.
- Work with PEPFAR implementers to use data to identify HIV epidemics, and inform and pivot program implementation, services, and national policy.
- Support the development of user friendly and effective M&E tracking by the health information system team.
- Collaborate with GVN representatives / departments and other stakeholders in implementation of research designs and supervise all studies and results syntheses.
- Lead a team of M&E staff to meet donor, GVN and program requirements.
- Develop and ensure application of effective data collection, tracking, and reporting to monitor activity outputs and program quality.
- Conduct regular analyses of processes and procedures, adjusting when necessary.
- Review materials created by staff and implementing partners on M&E tools and results, and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Continually maintain a dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff among implementing partners to ensure data quality and use.
- Arrange schedules for meetings between implementing partners and all individuals who will be contributing to tasks
- Perform other relevant duties as required
Donor Relations and Knowledge Management
- Respond to donor and headquarters data requests.
- Contribute to project knowledge products including success stories, technical reports, peer reviewed publications, surveillance reviews, presentations, and/or research and evaluation publications.
- Collect lessons learned from programs and collaborate with senior management to assure M&E components are of high quality and improve processes and practices in data analysis.
Experience and abilities for the position:
- A Masters degree or higher in epidemiology, public health, medicine, social sciences or a related field.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of relevant experience in developing and supporting health programming.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in the development of study protocols, research activities, development and use of M&E tools, data analysis, data use, and assessments.
- Experience working with USAID and PEPFAR-funded monitoring and evaluation systems preferred.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office), Power BI, and data analysis software.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills in both Vietnamese and English.
- Quick-learner, collaborative team player that proactively engages with colleagues and seeks to expand their skills and responsibilities.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
FHI 360 offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to visit FHI 360’s career page at this LINK and apply the position ONLINE by June 30, 2021. Selection and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews
30/09/2021Save the Children