TERMS OF REFERENCE
|Reference No.||TOR – VNM – 2019 – 092
(Please indicate reference number in the title of the application email)
|Position||National Consultant on Media and Documentation (Content)|
|Purpose||Provide technical advice in documenting profiles of people in vulnerable groups in support of World AIDS Day and 16 Days of Activism against Gender-based Violence|
|Location||Hanoi, Viet Nam with travelling to some provinces in Viet Nam for documentation|
|Contract duration||2 November – 15 December 2019|
|Contract supervision||UN Women Programme Analyst, EVAW, Viet Nam Country Office|
|Application deadline||31 October 2019|
Grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of substantive equality between women and men. The fundamental objective of UN Women is to enhance national capacity and ownership to enable national partners to formulate gender responsive laws, policies and upscale successful strategies to deliver on national and international commitments to gender equality. In addition, UN Women supports capacity development and advocacy endeavors from community-based stakeholders, promoting visibility and ending gender-based stigma and discrimination against vulnerable groups, including key affected populations, who suffer from severe gender inequality and gender-based violence.
After peaking in the early 2000s, Viet Nam’s HIV epidemic has stabilized, with HIV prevalence among adults (15-49) at 0.3%. However, HIV remains a public health threat in Viet Nam, with an estimated 11,000 new HIV infections and 7,800 AIDS-related deaths in 2016. Injecting drug use remains the main mode of HIV transmission. The epidemic is concentrated among key populations, especially people who inject drugs, gay men and other men who have sex with men and female sex workers and their sexual partners. People living with HIV (PLHIV) mainly live in large cities and the mountainous provinces. These groups should receive more adequate attention.
Gender-based violence (GBV) is a complex problem with roots deeply engrained in attitudes and behaviors that are difficult to change; and most importantly, gender-based violence is dictated by the asymmetrical power relations. In Viet Nam, GBV continues to be an issue as for every 10 married women, at least 6 were subjected to at least one form of domestic violence (GSO 2010). 87% of women and girls experienced at least one type of sexual harassment in public places (AAV, 2014). Women and girls with disabilities are at even greater risks of becoming victims of all forms of GBV for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately, violence from intimate partner is among the most scarring issues that cause immense physical and psychological toll on the victim.
The United Nations in Viet Nam, through the HIV Thematic Group, is supporting Viet Nam in shaping the gender-responsive and human rights-based national response to HIV and provide coordinated UN support to the fast-tracking of the national HIV response, towards ending AIDS in Viet Nam by 2030. While the HIV Thematic Group is convened by United Nations Joint Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS) Viet Nam, UN Women, as a Group member, coordinates the joint UN efforts around human rights, gender equality, stigma and discrimination dimensions of the HIV epidemic and response in line with the 2019 joint work plan outlined in the UNAIDS country envelop.
In this context, UN Women is seeking a consultant who will assist in developing the contents for media production to highlight the humanity in HIV work and key-affected populations, as well as to address the faces of violence to raise awareness on the importance of humanity, community, and non-judgement in recovering for both key-affected populations and victims of violence.
Objective of the Consultancy
The consultancy is aimed at providing particular technical support, coordination with photographer and facilitators, and contents for a selection of profiles for communications purposes. The work of the consultant will contribute towards the following which are in line with the 2019 joint work plan outlined in the UNAIDS country envelop and UN Women’s UBRAF funding for HIV-related activities:
- To tell stories of these profiles to highlight their spirit, strength, and candor in the journeys relating to HIV or violence;
- To identity barriers that victims of violence and key-affected populations have to encounter in accessing services for GBV and HIV/AIDS prevention and response;
- To help raise awareness of the severe impacts of violence and the importance of community support.
Scope of Work and Expected Tasks
The national consultant will work in a team with a photographer and consultants on human rights, gender to provide strategic guidance and the following services:
- Coordinate this effort with the team to undertake interviews with selected profiles.
- Develop questions to be asked at interviews and work plan for these interviews.
- Facilitate discussions and report on profiles
- Interview profiles.
- Report on at least 10 full stories in coherence with the photos.
Deliverables and Schedule of Payment
The payment will be provided in one instalment as bellow:
and Vietnamese). At least 3 snapshots and 7 full stories.
Duration of Assignment and Duty Station
The consultancy will be conducted from 2 November – 15 December 2019. The duty station is in Hanoi, Viet Nam with travel to project sites including: Son La (4/11) – 4 working days, Buon Me Thuot (16/11) –
1.5 working days, Ho Chi Minh City (last week of November 2019) – 3 working days, and a possible trip in Ben Tre (last week of November 2019) for maximum 2 working days.
- Master’s degree in communications, marketing, business administration, or related fields.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in communications, managing campaigns, content creation.
- At least 5 years’ experience working on gender equality issues.
- Ability to interview and write clear and high-quality media content in both English and Vietnamese in consultation with UN Women and UNAIDS.
- Prior experience in conducting research with UN agency will be an asset.
Application Evaluation Criteria
The applicant will be evaluated based on technical capacities (70%) and financial proposal (30%). Technical evaluation will be based on the following criteria stated as below.
|1||Master’s degree in communications, marketing, business administration, or
|2||A minimum of 5 years’ experience in communications, managing campaigns,
|3||At least 5 years’ experience working on gender equality issues.||25 points|
|4||Ability to interview and write clear and high-quality media content in both
English and Vietnamese in consultation with UN Women and UNAIDS.
|5||Prior experience in producing contents for UN agencies will be an asset.||10 points|
A two-stage procedure is utilized in evaluating the submissions, with evaluation of the technical components being completed prior to any price proposals being opened and compared. The price proposal will be opened only for submissions that passed the minimum technical score of 70% of the obtainable score of 100 points in the evaluation of the technical component.
The technical component is evaluated on the basis of its responsiveness to the Term of Reference (TOR).
Technically qualified consultants may be selected for an interview before financial evaluation.
Maximum 100 points will be given to the lowest offer and the other financial proposals will receive the points inversely proportional to their financial offers. i.e. Sf = 100 x Fm / F, in which Sf is the financial score, Fm is the lowest price and F the price of the submission under consideration.
The weight of technical points is 70% and financial points is 30%.
Individual consultants will be evaluated based on Cumulative analysis, the award of the contract will be made to the individual consultant whose offer has been evaluated and determined as:
- Responsive/compliant/acceptable; and
- Having received the highest score out of a pre-determined set of weighted technical and financial criteria specific to the solicitation.
Application Procedure and Deadline
Interested applicants must submit the following document/information (in PDF format) to demonstrate their qualifications
- Letter of interest explaining why you are the most suitable for the work.
- Signed Curriculum vitae with contact details for 3 references.
- A brief concept note and a set of questions and communication strategy.
Financial proposal (with your signature)
- The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount in VND including consultancy fees and all associated costs i.e. airfares, travel costs, meal, accommodation, tax, insurance, etc.
- Please note that the cost of preparing a proposal and of negotiating a contract, including any related travel, is not reimbursable as a direct cost of the assignment.
Please be noted to submit the technical application (cover letter, CV, brief concept note) and financial proposal separately.
Complete applications should be sent to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Only applications with all items mentioned above will be considered.
Deadline for Application: 31 October 2019
NOTE: Documents required before contract signing:
- UN Personal History Form
- Full medical examination and Statement of Fitness to work and travel for consultants with travel involved. (This is not a requirement for RLA contracts).
- Completed UNDSS BSAFE online training course.
- Individual subscribers over 65 years of age are required to undergo a full medical examination including x-rays at their own cost and obtaining medical clearance from the UN Medical Director prior to taking up their assignment.
- Release letter in case the selected consultant is government official.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
28/11/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
09/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)
25/12/2020Save the Children
15/12/2020World Wildlife Fund (WWF) - Vietnam
06/12/2020The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
02/12/2020Làng Trẻ SOS Việt Nam
03/12/2020The Hinrich Foundation
04/12/2020The Vietnam Foundation