Job Description of National Digital Health Consultant
FHI 360 is an international non-governmental organization that, in Vietnam, promotes the health and well-being of the Vietnamese people, particularly vulnerable and marginalized populations. It works with the Vietnam Ministry of Health and other national bodies, as well as provincial and district-level health services to achieve project aims. FHI 360 is currently implementing programs to address HIV prevention, testing, and treatment, TB case finding and treatment, clinical research, anti-microbial resistance, non-communicable diseases, health system strengthening, maternal and child health and nutrition, diagnostics and laboratory services .
BHP Vietnam is a 3.5-year programme funded by the UK Government’s Prosperity Fund and aims to reduce non-communicable disease (NCD) burden in Vietnam by improving access to safe, quality care using equitable, ethical and sustainable approaches. The programme will accomplish this through the implementation of a set of activities in the following areas: 1) Strategies to Counter NCDs; 2) Education and Training; and 3) Provider Performance Improvement.
We are currently seeking a qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese national candidate to serve as National Digital Health Consultant for the Better Health Programme (BHP), based in Hanoi.
Under the direction of the Country Technical Lead (CTL), The National Digital Health Consultant will be responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, monitoring and reporting BHP Vietnam’s activities under the digital health pillar. The National Digital Health Consultant will work with international and national experts, Electronic Health Administration, and BHP Country Technical Lead.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with international and national experts, Electronic Health Administration, and BHP Country Technical Lead to develop work plans, resources and milestones/timelines of milestones under the Digital health pillar including reviewing the Smart Health programme, developing guidelines and action plan for achieving Smart Health, supporting the application of health identification (HID) and applying HL7 for data system interoperability.;
- Provide technical assistance to Electronic Health Administration to achieve milestones identified in work plans in accordance with pre-determined timelines;
- Support the CTL technically to produce high-quality reports and other programme documents for submission to clients
- Provide program management support such as troubleshooting, updating work plans, and coordinating and monitoring program activities.
- Support the development of subcontracts, consulting agreements, and other contractual or procurement mechanisms that comply fully with FHI 360 and donor policies, procedures, and regulations
- Perform other tasks and relevant duties as required by the CTL
- Master’s degree in health informatics, information technology or statistics, public health and another related field with experience in health information systems (HIS).
- Must have at least five years of relevant experience in the health sector (preferred experience working with eHealth/mHealth initiatives, health information systems in Vietnam; prioritize experience with government institutions) and demonstrated the understanding of the health system in Vietnam.
- Experience with or good knowledge of electronic health records, HIS, laboratory information systems, electronic medical records, CHS health management software, Smart Health in Vietnam. Good understanding of the Vietnamese eHealth or e-Governance landscape preferred. Experience with or good knowledge of HL7-FHIR and SNOMED-CT preferred.
- Knowledge in systems design and development processes, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation, and operational management. Significant experience in data-processing methods and procedures, and computer software systems.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse stakeholders to successfully design and deliver an information systems project. Ability to analyse and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Proficient with various software applications (e.g. MS Excel, Word)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both English and Vietnamese, orally and in writing.
- Ability to travel as necessary (up to 30% of time).
The consultant will report to BHP Country Technical Leader
Part-time basis (up to 16 working hours per week), from Feb 2020 to December 2022
Interested candidates are encouraged to provide their detailed curriculum vitae with a letter of application in English to Vietnam.firstname.lastname@example.org by COB March 10, 2020.
*Please specify the position you are applying for in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021Save Vietnam's Wildlife (SVW)
08/02/2021Save the Children