World Vision is a Christian relief and development organisation working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 18,000,000 (FY18) with funding from 13 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 420 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North: Hoa Binh – Dien Bien, Yen Bai – Tuyen Quang, Thanh Hoa – Hung Yen – Hai Phong, Central: Quang Tri – Quang Nam – Danang) and South (Quang Ngai – Binh Thuan – DakNong – Ho Chi Minh). WVV’s APs work with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
I. Strategic and leadership support
- Strategic, viable inputs and technical advice to National Director (ND) and Senior Leadership Team (SLT) during organizational planning and assessment, leadership development initiatives are provided to support the execution of the Field Office Strategy and business plans in the alignment with Our Promise phase II.
- Appropriate actions are taken to ensure that WVI Partnership P&C standards and other related P&C Partnership initiatives are followed in the field.
- P&C metrics monitored and reported for efficiency on talent acquisition, development, retention, performance management, employee engagement and organizational leadership – reflecting high standards of organisational performance
- Leadership development needs addressed.
- Evidence of mind set and behaviours among staff transformed to realise Our Promise. Culture of agility and innovation is strengthened.
- Relevant and viable polices and guidelines are recommended to formulate organizational policies that lead to better organizational and departmental performance. In consultation with the ND ensure the ongoing evolution of HR policies, procedures and systems appropriate to the working needs of the organization, consistent to WVI Partnership P&C standards, and the local legal context. Risks pertaining to P&C area are minimized.
- PnC &OD short term and long-term directions that are aligned with the organization’s strategic direction, and support the NO business plans are developed and well implemented.
II. Developing a strategic and professional People & Culture Team
- The People & Culture team has the required capacity, capability, systems, processes, policies and guidelines to drive transformation of mind-sets and behaviours to deliver the national strategy and contributing to realization of Our Promise.
- Professionalism and accountability in delivering services to staff and leaders are ensured.
- Having a lean and effective PnC team which is able to support both Area Programs and Grants as well as is able to support NO Strategic direction.
- Overall leadership and technical support as well as regular coaching and mentoring is provided to the PnC team members to support their professional growth and development. Second liners for PnC leadership position are identified and developed.
- Our People system is fully operational with 100% accuracy and effectively utilized. Simplified and effective P&C processes.
- Government Relations with the local labor agencies (DIPSERCO, SCEDFA, FOSCO) and other local partner agencies on HRM related issues are maintained and strengthened, and the legal compliance is ensured.
III. Developing a capable and committed workforce
- Workforce plan is in place and updated.
- Evidence of effective staff acquisition and retention.
- Well-designed recruitment policy, systems and processes to attract HIPOs with the required mind-set and behaviours.
- National staff capacity fully developed.
- Appropriate job rotation and relocation is well arranged and coordinated in consultation with line managers and concerned departments, which enables staff professional growth and career development.
- The traineeship program is planned and implemented so that there is always a bench strength in the organization to cater the growth as well as have capable and committed workforce for very remote locations including Dien Bien, Tuyen Quang, Tram Tau, Son Tay, South Tra My.
IV. Employee engagement and staff well being
- Appropriate Staff Care policies are in place to ensure well-being of staff.
- Lead annual Our Voice survey. Follow up actions to improve OV results are developed and implemented in consultation with SLT and relevant managers.
- In consultation with the ND, ensure that the Compensation & Benefits are competitive (on par with other INGOs which are similar to WVV) to attract good professional staff as well as retain committed staff.
- Periodical salary surveys are undertaken.
- All the jobs are objectively and fairly evaluated and graded by Hay.
- Ensure performance based pay for all national staff.
V. Promoting accountability and performance culture
- Ensure performance culture continues to be strengthened, including reinforcement of the implementation of Partnering for Performance (P4P) approach. This includes recognition of good performers, and dealing with non-performers and other HR related issues in a timely manner.
- On-going performance and career conversations take place at all levels.
- Ensure that the performance development is implemented in line with talent management system.
- Staff fully aware of Ethics point.
- IIM cases are uploaded and managed properly.
- Facilitate staff grievances and disciplinary action process in collaboration with line managers. Liaise with the Partnership Office Legal department and local Legal Counsel on matters pertaining to any employee-employer relationship that will have legal ramifications to WVI.
VI. Promoting leadership quality and sustainability
- Succession plan, career development plan and talent review is developed and implemented, focusing on highly potential and committed staff.
- Potential successors/secondliners for key and critical positions and for future leadership identified and systematically nurtured.
- Orientation strategy in place that helps new staff to understand and subscribe to WV core values and ethos.
- Training/coaching programs and processes are designed and facilitated.
- Develop middle managers and future leaders for the organization, leveraging the use of WVI resources including SLDP, GLO. Management Essentials.
- Standards, policies and guidelines for staff and leadership development are set in consultation with SLT.
- Effective mechanism is designed and implemented to maximize ROI of L&D efforts.
VII. Spiritual leadership
- Ensures that Christ-centered commitment is a foundational mandate of PnC&OD processes.
- Provides time and space for staff to participate in organizationally initiated spiritual formation activities when appropriate.
- Creates opportunities for spiritual reflection of PnC staff to increase their sense of meaningful job and passion for the ministry.
- Leads the PnC department in modelling biblical ethics and principles in actions and lifestyle.
- Leads the organizational reflection upon request or when deemed necessary.
- All staff are able to live out WV core values.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
(The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management & Organizational Development or Business Administration.
- Master degree in HRM is preferred.
Knowledge & Skills
- Proven record with HR functions, having initiated and implemented purpose-driven and organization-focused change.
- Demonstrated competency in developing systems, policies and guidelines to support people management and organizational effectiveness.
- Proven leadership and management skills in restricted context.
- Has good knowledge and understanding of local labor laws on Compensation, Labor Relations/Standards, and Issuances.
- Has broad and deep working knowledge on recruitment, retention and separation of staff.
- Ability to champion the cause and concerns of the employees without compromising the values and resources of the organization.
- Ability and skills to build the capacity of individual staff, leaders and the organization to meet and exceed the competencies/capabilities required to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to travel across the country and abroad.
- At least 5 years of broad and deep experience in leading and managing Human Resource team and relevant experience in organizational development, leadership development and change management in World Vision context
World Vision Vietnam is a Christian non-government organization. Applicants having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Our contact details are: People and Culture Department -World Vision International – Vietnam Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Hanoi, Tel: 024. 39439920 (ext.118)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
31/12/2020Department of Political Affairs and Peace-building (DPPA)
25/01/2021Human Rights Watch
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year round