Samaritan’s Purse is a Christian humanitarian organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. With a sustainable history working in Vietnam, Samaritan’s Purse has developed strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in 06 sectors: health, WASH, education, protection, livelihood and relief.
Samaritan’s Purse in Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the central province of Vietnam, Tra Vinh, the south of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidate for the following position:
- Position Title: Program Development Manager
- Grade: Senior Manager
- Position Duration: 01 Year with possibility of extension
- Duty Station: Hanoi with frequent travel to project locations
- Reports To: Senior Programs Manager
I. Job Summary:
This position is responsible for the growth in quality and quantity of programming through the design and implementation of proposals and projects along with the development of program staff capacity, along with relationships with donors and other entities. He/she will provide coordination, writing, and technical support throughout the project life cycle, from concept to close-out, including after action review and lessons learned. The current projects include relief, water, sanitation, hygiene, health, protection, education, livelihood, yet may expand or shift to other sectors.
II. Key Responsibilities:
- Program Development:
- Supporting and coordinating the pursuit, development, and implementation of programs with a special emphasis on ongoing project improvement and expansion opportunities.
- Strategic Planning: Assist with and coordinate with Country Director and Senior Management Team in the development and creation of a country plan and strategy. Ensure programming aligns with vision and strategic plan.
- Ensure high quality proposals, logframes, and budgets are prepared for ongoing and new projects.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of program activities, keeping track of key lessons learned.
- Process Development: Roll out and oversee process development including Programs Dashboard, integrated Work Breakdown Structures, reporting structures, issues/risk logs, and other project management tools. Train staff on proper use of processes and integrated systems.
- Government and Partner Relations: Develop and maintain strong relationships with existing and new partners with Vietnam. Support programs team members in partnership relationship building.
- Resource Mobilization:
- Contribute to continuation and new fund proposals in cooperation with program team. Support with proposal development and grant proposals.
- Research, identify and pursue new funding opportunities from a variety of sources (multilateral, bilateral, private, foundations)
- Monitor upcoming agency “calls for proposals” and proactively inform the Country Director (CD) and Senior Programs Manager
- Keep in close communication with Samaritan’s Purse affiliate office for funding opportunities.
- Capacity Development
- Leads the development of tools and materials for knowledge transfer, as well as documentation of lessons learned and best practices.
- Identify capacity building needs among program staff and opportunities through which these capacities may be strengthened.
- Able to positively lead the spirit of the team.
- Supervisor Responsibilities:
- This position will manage staff as assigned, especially during the launch of new project activities.
- Additionally, this position will support with the staff capacity development in programs and occasionally with team leadership.
- Communication Support:
- Prepare high quality project reports featuring narrative, qualitative, and quantitative data, research, as well as graphics and diagrams. This includes monthly, progress, and annual reporting, situation reports, impact stories, and other reporting as assigned.
- Promptly and clearly communicate with country leadership updates in regards to project areas, sectors, and partnerships within the Vietnam
- Represent the agency at relevant meetings. Assist with translation for International Field Staff.
- Financial Reviewing and Reporting:
- Review and ensure accuracy of financial transactions. Review purchase requests, price quotes for purchasing, cash advance forms, financial activity spending reports, and monthly finance reports by project.
- Support Project Managers in budget management.
- Risk Management:
- Conduct risk management planning, identification, analysis, response planning, and controlling throughout project cycles.
- Identify organizational risks and work to mitigate risks.
- Other Responsibilities:
- Nurture a positive work environment, fostering a commitment to SPIR values and ethics.
- Samaritan’s Purse works as a team to carry out programming and additional responsibilities will be assigned to achieve the goals of our project activities.
- Be willing to deploy immediately to respond to project needs or emergencies in any part of the Vietnam and coordinate responses at the field level
- Serve on the country senior management team.
III. Education/Experience Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in associated field.
- At least 05 year experience working with ethnic minorities and/or rural communities of Vietnam in Project Management.
- Strong willingness and passion to see help poor and disadvantaged in Vietnam.
- Experience with capacity building training.
- Translation/Interpretation for government meetings, official documents, and to support international field staff.
- Formal project management certification or training preferred.
IV. Skills Required:
- Fluency in English and Vietnamese-written and spoken.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills; high level of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Ability to travel frequently to remote villages in varying weather conditions to carry out project activities.
Samaritan's Purse in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please note that Applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your Cover letter, Samaritan's Purse Application form (as attached) to email@example.com referencing “Program Development Manager Opportunity” in the subject title. Application Deadline: July 15, 2022.
31/08/2022FIT & IRD VN