Position: Program Manager for USAID Support to End Tuberculosis project
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
The Program Manager for the USAID Support to End Tuberculosis project in Vietnam (PM), reporting to the Chief of Party of the project, is responsible for executing the programmatic and operations management for the project, ensuring the project meet targets and benchmarks according to strict deadlines and within budget. The PM acquires resources and coordinates the efforts of team members, other implementing partners, and the donor in order to deliver the project according to the annual workplan. S/he manages and defines the project’s objectives and oversees quality control throughout the completion of the project’s life cycle. The PM collaborates with the COP, DCOP, Strategic Information Manager, Finance Manager to integrate work plans, budgets and multi-sector interventions, which are essential for the success and sustainability of the project.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides programmatic support to the project to include developing and monitoring annual work plans and budgets; identification and resolution of operational issues; finalization of sub agreements/subcontracts
- Provides operational support, working closely with the project’s operations/finance teams, regional and headquarter teams on all procurements to ensure alignment with US government regulations
- Works with the team leadership to align budgets to goals and strategy
- Prepares the project quarterly, annual reports as the donor’s reporting requirements
- Defines project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals and strategic vision of management.
- Coordinates the implementation of project activities, delivering quality and accountability while building the capacity of teams to succeed.
- Provides strategic and operational guidance for the project team, ensuring clarity of project plans and priorities and encouraging effective teamwork
- Identifies and resolves project risks and issues and implements improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget.
- Coaches, mentors, and manages project team to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project and USG standards/policies.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENT STANDARDS:
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent preferred.
- 8+ years of project management experience. Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures of project management, process development and execution. Project Management Pro certification is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, develop and deploy program management and operations solutions.
- Experience in developing, testing and deploying training and mentoring programs.
- Strong knowledge of project management software and other technologies.
- Able to work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in teams, in cross-cultural settings. Experience working in Vietnam desired.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, mobile phones, and handheld devices.
At least 20%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to visit FHI 360’s career page at https://www.fhi360.org/careers and apply the position ONLINE by September 30, 2021. Selection and interview will be conducted on rolling basis and interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross