Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR) is a Christian nonprofit organization providing aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1996, SPIR has been operating in Vietnam and developing strong relationships with partners to conduct projects in six sectors livelihood, health, education, protection, relief and WASH.
SPIR Vietnam’s projects are being implemented in Hanoi, Quang Nam, the center province, Tra Vinh, the south province of Vietnam and across the northern provinces of Lao Cai, Yen Bai and Lai Chau where the majority of people are from ethnic minority groups, often the most vulnerable or marginalized sections of the population.
We are now seeking highly qualified candidate for the following position:
Position Title: Project Assistant
Grade: Junior Program
Position Duration: From hiring date to March 31, 2022 with possibility of renewal
Duty Station: Ho Chi Minh City with frequent travel to project locations
Reports To: Mekong Delta Area Manager
The Project Assistant will support the WASH team and other projects as needed for Samaritan’s Purse International Relief (SPIR). He/She is responsible to receive direction and prepare for project activities in areas of logistics, supply chain, administration and monitoring in Tra Vinh.
- Project Implementation: Complete project activities under the direction of Area Manager. Ensure project activities are implemented according to defined scope, schedule and quality.
- Trainings: Prepares for and assists with training sessions.
- Logistic & Procurement: Prepare logistical arrangements for project activities. Utilizing established office procedures to ensure the project has the necessary products and/or services to complete work in a timely manner. Ensure correct delivery of project supplies.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: Assist the Project Coordinators in implementing activities, monitoring. Incorporate data and assisting to compile plans and reports for routine reporting.
- Stakeholder, Partner, and Government Relations: Assist the Area Manager and Project Coordinator(s) with meetings, communications, and related documentation. Works to foster strong relationships with partnering authorities.
- Administration: Prepare documents needed to track project activities, surveys, IC contracts, forms, purchase requests, etc.
- Schedule: Mange timely completion of the project activities under the direction of the Area Manager in coordination with partners.
- Financial management: Perform standardize finance procedures to implement activities. Collect valid receipts and prepare expense reports with high level of integrity.
- Nurture a positive work environment, fostering a commitment to SPIR values and ethics.
- Team Spirit: SPIR works as a team to carry out programming and additional responsibilities will be assigned to achieve the goals of our project activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental studies or related field.
- Experience in a humanitarian, emergency, and/or development WASH programme preferred and experience with an INGO is an advantage.
- Interest in working on water, hygiene, and sanitation development projects.
- Strong willingness and passion to help the poor and disadvantaged.
- Basic English and fluency in Vietnamese-written and spoken.
- Excellent planning, time management and organizational skills; high level of integrity.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral.
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Professional maturity: ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goals.
- Must be comfortable using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email.
- Strong awareness of local culture, customs, and other contextual information.
- Ability to work remotely, under minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel frequently to remote villages in varying weather conditions to carry out project activities.
- Strong understanding of ethnic minority groups in Tra Vinh is a plus.
- SPIR in Vietnam is a Christian nonprofit organization. Candidates having working experience in a similar kind of organization will be an advantage.
Please note that Applications will be treated in confidence and cannot be returned, only candidates invited to an interview will be contacted.
To respond to this opportunity, please send your Cover letter and SPIR Application form to email@example.com referencing “Project Assistant Opportunity” in the subject title.
Application Deadline: 25 March, 2021Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy
26/04/2021U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
30/04/2021Good Neighbors (GNI)
30/06/2021Green Climate Fund
Post date: 16/04/2021WildAct
01/01/1970Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Vietnam