We are currently seeking qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese candidates to fill the Project Assistant- Animal Health position for the Fleming Fund Country Grant for Vietnam - Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance in Vietnam, based at the Department of Animal Health (DAH) – Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD), Hanoi, Vietnam.
FHI 360 seeks a Project Assistant- Animal Health for the Fleming Fund Country Grant for Vietnam - Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance in Vietnam (FFP-VN). The Country Grant will address critical gaps in the surveillance of antibiotic-resistant bacteria in Vietnam. This grant will support the implementation of national plans for antimicrobial resistance (AMR) surveillance and will focus on a selected number of AMR surveillance sites in the animal health (AH) sector. We will work closely with local entities that are already involved in AMR/AMU surveillance, oversight, and improvement activities, local and national Technical Working Groups, national and regional reference laboratories for animal health, other government and national and international non-government stakeholders, and Mott MacDonald - the Fleming Fund Management Agent.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
This position will utilize his/her efforts and competencies in administration, operations, and technical skills to support the FFP-VN technical project staff in specific responsibilities as follows:
- Support the FFP-VN Technical Team in the implementation of activities for the FFP-VN project, with a focus on the Animal Health sector.
- Work closely with and support the focal point at the DAH and MARD Unit to implement One Health and AMR/AMU activities.
- Provide support to organize technical meetings, workshops, working group meetings, field trips, training and public events (e.g., contacting counterparts, preparing the agenda, finalizing the materials to be distributed, and any needed support under the supervision of the Technical Team).)
- Support the AMR surveillance units in the animal health sector to implement the AMR surveillance, including sample collection, transport, transportation, testing, and reporting data analysis/submission.
- In corporate with technical team, support DAH/MARD implementing activities related to AMU/AMC research, AMR and AMU portals upgrade
- Work closely with other government and non-governmental stakeholders to collaborate for the implementation of AH AMR/AMU activities on a daily basis;
- Other duties as requested.
- Degree in animal health, earth sciences, social science, business, or related field;
- Work experience in the agriculture sector or a related area;
- Knowledge of project planning and implementation;
- Interest in Animal Health and One Health approach;
- Good ability to communicate and coordinate with government, national, and international non-government stakeholders;
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding:FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
The deadline for this job application is AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. For application, please apply HERE.
05/10/2023US Consulate HCMC
06/10/2023Save the Children
11/10/2023Humanitarian Services for Children of Vietnam (HSCV)
04/10/2023Save the Children