Application deadline (midnight local time): 06 September 2020
RO-Asia and the Pacific
Ho Chi Minh City
One year (with possibility of renewal)
Under article 4.2, paragraph (e) of the Staff Regulations, the filling of vacancies in technical cooperation projects does not fall under Annex I of the Staff Regulations and is made by direct selection by the Director-General.
In order to support the best informed process in the filling of the above-mentioned vacancy by direct selection, the ILO invites interested candidates to submit their application online by the above date.
The following are eligible to apply:
- ILO Internal candidates in accordance with paragraphs 31 and 32 of Annex I of the Staff Regulations.
- External candidates*
*The recruitment process for General Service positions is subject to specific local recruitment criteria.
Technical cooperation appointments are not expected to lead to a career in the ILO and they do not carry any expectation of renewal or conversion to any other type of appointment in the Organization. A one-year fixed-term contract will be given. Extensions of technical cooperation contracts are subject to various elements including the following: availability of funds, continuing need of the functions and satisfactory conduct and performance.
*Conditions of employment for external candidates: In conformity with existing ILO practice, the appointment of an external candidate will normally be made at the first step of this grade.
With an aim to achieving the goal of decent work for all in Vietnam, the ILO Country Office for Vietnam supports the ILO and Vietnam Decent Work Country Programme (DWCP) in the following three priority areas: Employment and Sustainable Enterprise Development; Social Protection and Labour Market Governance. Through the implementation of the DWCP, the ILO Office works in close partnership with the Government of Vietnam, in particular the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs (MOLISA) and its social partners, the representative employers' and workers' organizations of Vietnam. The Vietnam DWCP is an integral part of the One UN Plan.
ILO Country Office for Vietnam intends to implement a project entitled “Improving Safety and Health in cooperation with the Public and Private Sector in the Coffee Supply Chain in Vietnam - A Vision Zero Fund (VZF) Project”, which brings together public and private stakeholders to jointly advance towards the vision of achieving zero severe and fatal work-related accidents, injuries and diseases in global supply chains. VZF Viet Nam will specifically seek to reduce the exposure of women and men working in the coffee supply chain to occupational safety and health hazards.
The Project Assistant will handle daily project financial and administrative tasks to assist in supporting the smooth functioning of the VZF Vietnam project and programme unit. The incumbent will also be required to maintain a close working relationship with the ILO Regional Office for Asia-Pacific and VZF Global Team in ILO Headquarters as well as other projects and units of ILO Country Office for Viet Nam.
The Project Assistant will report to the Project CTA as the primary supervisor and the NPC (NOA) with regard to implementation of the VZF Vietnam project, while coordinating closely with the Programme Unit’s engagement with various related projects.
Description of Duties
- Collect information from records and reports, compile socio-economic or other relevant data, and prepare reports on VZF Vietnam project activities.
- Organize data and information, and prepare and maintain records, documents and control systems for the monitoring and evaluation of VZF Vietnam project implementation.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports, project documents and submissions to the government by providing information, preparing tables and drafting selected sections. Participate in project activities and needs identification and prioritization, and assist with technical cooperation project design and work-plan development.
- Prepare background information and TORs for use in the VZF Vietnam project and budget preparations and discussions; participate in and take note of discussions in technical meeting(s), briefing of project and other programme related activities.
- Review plans of operations and other project related documents and take appropriate follow-up action.
- In coordination with relevant projects in the office and in liaison with team members, perform substantive and administrative support for the successful delivery of the programme and project activities. This includes processing entitlements, issuance of contracts and maintenance of records and files.
- Oversee project managerial and administrative support services. Advise and assist VZF Vietnam project staff with interpretation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures. Make travel and hotel reservations, prepare travel authorizations and assemble information pertinent to the purpose of travel.
- Participate in the organization of special meetings and coordinate all important administrative arrangements for conducting workshops/seminars, trainings under the project’s plan.
- Maintain, contact and perform liaison duties with concerned technical units at Headquarters, ministries, government offices, social partners’ organizations and UN agencies.
- Prepare, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications as required on general administrative or other related tasks including those of a confidential nature. Prepare periodic administrative statistics, reports and correspondence.
- Brief and assist international staff, experts and consultants on all aspects of administration related matters such as visa, licenses, security internal coordination, documentation and communication structures, including key managerial practices and standards. Provide interpretation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
- Prepare background information, detailed cost estimates, monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports for use in programme/project and budget preparations. Participate in budget analysis and projections as required.
- Carry out all operations required for expenditures under technical cooperation funding, ensuring the most rational use of the funds. This includes making calculations, requesting funds, checking supporting justifying documents and making payments.
- Monitor accounts regarding allocations and expenditures and make adjustments to optimize utilization of the funds. Draft and clear administrative correspondence relative to budgetary matters to verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information.
- Carry out specific administrative operational/control tasks for project and programme activities.
- Perform other related duties as required by the CTA and/or the NPC.
Completion of secondary school education, supplemented by technical or university level courses in a field related to the work of the organization.
Six years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at least one year in programme and project support activities. Previous experience working in a development context would be an advantage.
Excellent knowledge of one or two working languages of the duty station and/or organization.
Good knowledge of the purpose and functions of the technical programme and the other offices and sectors interacting with the programme. Knowledge of technical data and good administrative skills to provide programming support. Good knowledge of programme planning, implementation and evaluation principles, practices and procedures. Ability to work with word processing and spreadsheet software, as well as computer software packages required for work. Ability to prepare preliminary reports and to draft correspondence. Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender sensitive and non-discriminatory behaviour and attitudes.Good analytical skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to deal with a range of staff and to respond to their queries. Ability to work independently as well as in a team and to work under pressure. Good organizational skills. Excellent time management skills. Must demonstrate responsible behaviour and attention to detail. Ability to work and communicate with people in a polite, courteous and cooperative manner. Must display high standards of ethical conduct. Must demonstrate honesty and integrity. Ability to reason and make sound judgements.
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application form. To apply, please visit the ILO Jobs website
. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
The ILO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process whether at the application, interview, processing or training stage. Messages originating from a non ILO e-mail account - @ilo.org - should be disregarded. In addition, the ILO does not require or need to know any information relating to the bank account details of applicants.
Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản
Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
All the latest news in Vietnam
Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất