The International Center (formerly known as Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation -VVAF) is an US based non-profit organization based in Washington, DC. IC-VVAF established a representative office in Hanoi in 1994, and has been active in humanitarian assistance programs and development assistance continuously since that time. IC-VVAF has also addressed the consequences of war through advocacy and service programs in Vietnam for the last three decades. As a cofounder of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines, IC-VVAF was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in 1997. Since then, IC-VVAF focuses on disability support, mine action, and mental health programs.
Under the financial support of United States Agency for International Development (USAID), IC-VVAF is implementing the Disability Support Project named “Moving without Limits” in the three provinces of Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam and Binh Dinh from July 2015 to September 2022. This project aims to improve the accessibility of the people with mobility impairments in Thua Thien Hue, Quang Nam, and Binh Dinh to quality and affordable assistive devices. The overall goal of the program is to promote social inclusion for people with mobility disability through provision of assistive technology (AT) services.
IC is looking for an experienced and qualified Vietnamese national to fill the Project Assistant position for the component of system strengthening for health staff in Vietnam.
Position title: Project Assistant
Reporting to: Project Officer
Contract: One year contract with high potential for extension
Work station: Hanoi with travel to project sites as required
To assist PO for human resource development and system strengthening in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities, particularly for system strengthening.
- Conduct administrative and financial duties related to all aspects of project implementation;
- Translate project documents and interprete for project’s specialists and international consultants when required;
- Arrange all necessary logistics for the activities of the project, such as workshops, trainings e.g. book accommodation for participants, photocopy of materials, arrange transport, supply stationery;
- Maintain effectively communication system and ensure information flow between project and relevant parties;
- Participate in regular monitoring visits to ensure the quality of the project administration and financial management undertaken in project sites;
- Manage and regularly check project assets to ensure their right purpose of use Provide translation and interpretation upon request;
- Provide support for other disability program’s components as requested by the Program Director;
- Any other duties as reasonable requested by supervisors and in line with organizational priorities
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION
- Degree in public health, social sciences, rehabilitation, business administration, social development, foreign language or other related fields. University background related to physical therapy/rehabilitation is preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience working in projects supporting vulnerable groups, especially people with disability and for INGOs.
- Good written and reading English skills
- Experience of working with diverse stakeholders (such as National government departments, institutions, service providers, universities, persons with disabilities and their organizations) is an asset.
- Experience in data analysis and reporting is an asset.
- Experience with donor-funded projects.
- Good computer skills on Word, Excel and e-mail applications
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and with minimal supervision
Interested persons should send a full English CV and stating the Job Title no later than 09 Oct 2021, either by email to email@example.com or by post to The International Center, R.103-203, B3 Building, Van Phuc Diplomatic Compound, 298 Kim Ma, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi, Vietnam.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Please no telephone contact after submitting the application.
Deadline for submission: 09 October, 2021.
For further information, please contact:
Ms. Hua Thi Thu Len – Receptionist
Tel: (84-24) 3733 9444, ext: 9
Organisation Name: IC-VVAF
Application Deadline: Sat, 2021-10-09
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
31/10/2021The World Bank
All year round