Position Title: Project Director
Opportunity Name: Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Vietnam
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Project Director.
Job summary and responsibilities
The Project Director will provide leadership and oversight for the anticipated CDC Vietnam: Expanding Efforts and Strategies to Protect and Improve Public Health in Vietnam activity. The opportunity will support USG global health priorities in Vietnam by implementing programs and activities that strengthen public health programs. The main outcomes stated in the solicitation are to: “1) improve prevention of avoidable epidemics including naturally occurring outbreaks and intentional or accidental releases of dangerous pathogens; 2) improve ability to rapidly detect threats early, including detecting, characterizing, and reporting emerging biological threats; by 3) responding rapidly and effectively to public health threats of international concern.”
The Project Director will provide strategic, managerial, technical leadership and management oversight to the project. S/he will oversee all aspects of project implementation, including program quality, personnel and financial management. The Project Director will serve as the principal liaison to the relevant Vietnam government agencies and CDC. S/he will maintain close coordination with CDC and other stakeholders, ensuring that all project interventions are of high quality and lead to measurable impact. S/he will be responsible for timely and adequate implementation of project activities, deliverables and execution, monitoring and reporting of the project. S/he will be responsible for ensuring compliance with FHI 360 policies and procedures and USG rules and regulations. The Project Director will be responsible for ensuring sub-awardee compliance and monitoring quality of program implementation.
Please note that the position is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to donor approval. The position will be based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to
- Provide program leadership, management, and technical direction and serve as the primary point of contact with CDC.
- Manage project and team, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities; monitor project deliverables and activities; ensure deliverables are accurately completed within deadlines.
- Collaborate with and build strategic partnerships with a diverse set of stakeholders such as national government agencies, non-government organizations, regional and local governments, private sector organizations, local communities and academic institutions.
- Develop and implement innovative and sustainable approaches to strengthen Vietnam public health programs.
- Manage staff and coordinate programs with local subcontractors ensuring program objectives are achieved.
- Administer financial oversight and budgetary management ensuring appropriate accounting compliance and procedures are met.
- Oversee program monitoring and evaluation to ensure performance results are met or exceeded in an efficient and effective manner.
Qualifications and experience
- Advanced degree (Medical Degree, Masters, or PhD) in health, social sciences, business, or a relevant field.
- At least 10 years (15 years preferred) working on health sector strengthening projects and demonstrated leadership and management skills to effectively and efficiently implement complex and politically sensitive international health projects.
- At least five years of experience working on infectious diseases in Vietnam and/or Asia.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and implementing programs with private and nonpublic sectors.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage diverse teams and ensure high performance and staff retainment.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including government officials.
- Experience and skills in financial management and performance monitoring.
- Knowledge of and experience working with CDC or other international donor projects.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English. Vietnamese language skills preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other
status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply and submit their CVs/resumes and cover letters to APROProposal@fhi360.org as soon as possible, but no later than August 1, 2020.
***In the application email, candidates are encouraged to use the subject line: “Project Director, CDC Vietnam Project”
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
08/12/2020Inter-American Development Bank (IDB)
08/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu và Truyền thông Vì sự phát triển bền vững
29/11/2020Mines Advisory Group (MAG)
15/12/2020United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)