Job SummaryWe are currently seeking a qualified and highly motivated candidate to serve as Project Lead for COVID-19 as part of the Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project, based in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City. Hiring is dependent on the final allocation of funds from USAID. EpiC will accept applications from local and international candidates currently living in Vietnam. EpiC Vietnam currently works on three main interventions, HIV, COVID-19, and combatting trafficking in persons. The Project Lead, COVID-19 will serve as the senior leader for EpiC Vietnam’s COVID-19 portfolio under the EpiC Vietnam project. Under the oversight of the EpiC Vietnam Project Director, the individual in this role will be expected to manage a team of 10 staff and a network of consultants to meet ambitious deliverables on tight timelines.
Main responsibilities:Project Leadership
- Provide strategic leadership to ensure the delivery of a technical program focused on procurement of oxygen ecosystems and technical assistance to improve clinical care for COVID-19.
- Manage the design of project interventions.
- Develop/revise project tracking tools and monitor implementation; identify issues and determine solutions.
- Monitor project budget and work with EpiC leadership and technical team leads to maximize synergies across COVID-19 and HIV programming.
- Ensure project alignment with USAID and Government of Vietnam priorities.
- Ensure interventions are evidence-based, leverage existing global tools.
- Lead existing technical experts to meet the technical priorities of the work plan and evolving national and international guidance around COVID-19 interventions.
- Develop technical tools aligned with areas of technical expertise (tailored based on candidate).
- Work with the Associate Director, Strategic Information to ensure that project outputs, outcomes, and impact are monitored and shared with the donor.
- Identify, develop, and grow partnerships with the Ministry of Health, provincial departments of health and centers for disease control, multi-lateral organizations, USAID, and other international NGOs.
- Represent EpiC at local, national, and international events as needed.
- Develop manuscripts, presentations, and related products for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Supervise technical leaders and specialists.
- Support performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
- Identify and resolve barriers to project success.
- Lead the recruitment of project team members including staff and consultants.
- Perform other relevant duties as requested.
Experience and abilities required for the position:
- A Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in public health, management, administration, medicine, epidemiology, or related field. Masters, PhD or Medical degree encouraged and an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years of demonstrated technical expertise in the international development context and working in public health sphere including infection diseases prevention, care, and treatment (including 5+ years of line management experience).
- Experience leading the design, implementation, and management of public health/international development programs funded by the United States Government (USG), preferably USAID.
- Proven skills in mentoring, leadership and networking.
- Ability to meet deadlines on large, fast-paced projects while ensuring high quality deliverables.
- Demonstrated skills in delegation and team management.
- Knowledge of PEPFAR programming and reporting.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; Vietnamese language skills preferred.
- Project management certification preferred.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
FHI 360 offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits.Interested candidates are invited to visit FHI 360’s career page at https://www.fhi360.org/careers and apply the position ONLINE by October 19, 2021. Selection and interviews may be conducted on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Typical Physical Demands:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move 5 - 25 lbs.
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office 365 (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Skype/TEAMS, e-mail), office telephone, cell phone and printer/copier.
- Greater than 25%
03/11/2021STEAM for Vietnam
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)