WVV Grant Project Officer in Charge (temporary)
Nearly half the Vietnamese population now has access to the internet. In Da Nang City there are approximately 233,800 children under 16 years old (accounting 19.3% city population). There are 140,000 from 220,000 households are registered to the internet service providers. In a survey by WVI in 2017, almost 60 percent of children in primary school and 90 percent in high school have a Facebook account. Moreover, there are nearly 900 internet or online game shops attracting thousands of children every day.
Children use the internet from an early age but do not have enough knowledge and skills to protect themselves from the risk of being sexually abused via chat rooms, live streams, web cameras and smartphones. The issue is aggravated by a lack of cooperation between relevant departments, ineffective reporting mechanisms and child sexual abuse is still considered a taboo in community as well as the knowledge on online safety is still lacking.
Based on the above, in 2018 World Vision International in Vietnam commenced the “Tackling Online Child Sexual Exploitation Project” with the aim of “protecting children and adolescents from online sexual abuse/exploitation”. The project is funded by the Fund to End Violence against Children.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The position is responsible for implementing and managing the grant project “Tackling the Online Child Sexual Exploitation in Da Nang-Vietnam”, which aims at preventing online child sexual exploitation and supporting child victims in three target districts: Son Tra, Hai Chau, and Cam Le of Da Nang City.
ROLE DIMENSION / DESCRIPTION
1. Leadership and people management
– Provide overall leadership to the project team, including spiritual leadership
– Work with PnC department to recruit and provide orientation for new staff
– Supervise, coach, mentor, provide adequate feedback to project staff to ensure their high performance toward the shared goals
– Identify and address development needs of project staff to ensure that they are well equipped with core and job-specific competencies to carry out quality work
– Identify and address staffing issues in a timely and professional manner, in working with PnC department
– Promote ongoing reflection and learning culture among project staff
2. Project Implementation & Management
– Provide clear orientation on the project for project stakeholders
– Prepare annual Plans of Action & Budget with the participation from local partners and community and with support from manager
– Lead the project team to achieve all the set targets in the M&E framework.
– Ensure the project implementation at least 95% on a quarterly and annual basis.
– Produce a quality result that meet the standard required by donor (as described in Proposal).
– Monthly, annual and end-of-project reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner to supervisors
– Project budget is well managed in full compliance to WV’s and the donor’s policy
3. Project Monitoring & Evaluation
– Build the project M&E system and use data for programming and decision making
– Conduct Baseline survey and end of project evaluation
– Work with partners to ensure effective regular monitoring and reflection of the project activities
– Liaise with and strengthen relationships with local partners at district and city levels, other NGOs, and the private sector in project implementation
– Promotes the project, project models and good practice at the city and national level
– Ensure the active participation and contribution of district and city related partners to project goal especially, Department of Labor, Invalids, and Social Affairs (DOLISA) and Department of Information and Communication (DOIC)
– Bachelor degree in community development, social sciences, social work and/or business administration.
– Master degree in similar fields
– Conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work, especially Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes.
– Basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects of development work, child protection, and advocacy in development programming.
– Demonstrated leadership skills, including leading, building, and supporting a team with diverse roles and capacities.
– Skills in facilitation of development processes, including organisation and mobilisation of communities and networking among different development partners.
– Demonstrated capacity in program management, with conceptual understanding and required competency in DME functions.
– Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and oral communications skills in Vietnamese and English, especially report writing skills.
– Solid computer skills in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and email.
– A minimum of 03-year experience in community development
– Experience in program implementation, community mobilization and participatory approach would be an advantage.
– Experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners.
– Experience in managing and supervising staff
Our contact details are:
People and Culture Department – Ms. Nguyen Thi Minh Phuong
World Vision International – Vietnam
Address: 9th floor, the Mercury building, 444 Hoang Hoa Tham, Ha Noi
Tel: 024.39439920 (ext.123)
We give equal opportunity to every candidate, regardless of religion, race and gender.
A competitive salary, benefits and career development opportunity will be offered and commensurate with the experience, qualifications and responsibilities.
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
03/01/2021International Crisis Group
31/12/2020Save The Children
15/12/2020Trung tâm Nghiên cứu Môi trường và Cộng đồng ( CECR )
Consultancy Services on Sand and Gravel Extraction/Management Policies, Regulations and Practices in other International River BasinsWWF
Consultant(s) to Conduct Stakeholder and Value Chain Analysis of Sand Value Chain in the Vietnamese Mekong DeltaWWF
11/12/2020CERN - European Organization for Nuclear Research
All year roundWinrock International
11/12/2020World Vision International – Vietnam (WVV)
11/12/2020British Chamber of Commerce Vietnam (BritCham Vietnam)