As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The GIZ Energy Support Programme (ESP) is working with the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT) on the development of the energy sector in Vietnam. The current technological focus is on solar power, wind power, bioenergy, energy access and energy efficiency.
The Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (4E) project, financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and co-financed by the European Union (EU) supports the government and key stakeholders to improve the preconditions for universal energy access, utilization of renewable energy and increase of energy efficiency.
The cooperation in the field of renewable energy for the German-Vietnam component focus on supporting the Electricity and Renewable Energy Agency of the Ministry of Industry and Trade to improve the regulatory framework and develop and use a monitoring mechanism for RE development. The component also aims at supporting key Vietnamese investors and other private sector organizations in order to facilitate their entry in the renewable energy market.
The EU-Vietnam Energy Facility aims at supporting the government and key stakeholders to improve the preconditions for universal energy access, utilization of renewable energy and increase of energy efficiency. The EU-Vietnam Energy Facility includes additionally a demand-driven technical assistance facility in order to support EREA and other stakeholders to improve the regulatory framework of renewable energy and build capacity for renewable energy and energy access.
The 4E Project requires a qualified local professional for the following position:
Project Officer “Energy Efficiency”
Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam
Duration: Starting ASAP to 31. December 2023
- Advisory services to MoIT and other relevant institutions regarding the energy efficiency legal framework inter alia policies, concepts, regulations, rules, decrees, circulars, and any other instruments promoting energy efficiency and its conservation with key energy user groups of the public and private sector;
- Technical expertise and advise to DEESD regarding the implementation of the Vietnam National Energy Efficiency Programme;
- Advice to DEESD and other public-sector institutions and private sector institutions (e.g. industry associations, energy service provider, energy auditing companies, etc.) regarding the development and implementation of strategies to improve energy efficiency in an economic and cost-effective way;
- Analysis and evaluation of current strategies of sourcing funding in support of energy efficiency and allocation efficient fund disbursement mechanisms as well as measured and targeted incentives strategies under Decree 21/2011;
- Analysis of current public mechanisms for dissemination of information and knowledge among private sector companies, particularly KEUs, and development of proposals for future development in the framework of the wider subject of awareness raising and improved marketing of energy savings as the least cost energy resource of Vietnam;
- Development of mechanisms for State-of-the-Art or Cutting-Edge-Technology transfer for industrial consumers;
- Recommendations and options for technology cooperation partnerships between Viet Nam and Germany;
- Technical expertise and advise to responsible government organizations on legal framework on existing Demand Response Programmes in Vietnam;
- Policy advise and recommend options on overarching strategies that could strengthen the public and private sector appreciation for the high economic value of energy efficiency and its conservation for the Vietnam society;
- Regular reporting to GIZ/German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), to the EU Delegation and to project partners.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in Economics and/or Engineering;
- Minimum 5 years professional working experience in the energy sector;
- Experience in working with international donors in Vietnam and with government officials from DEESD will be considered as an asset;
- Good understanding of the drivers and barriers to success on energy sector development in complex regulatory and political environments;
- Experience in private sector industries will be considered an asset;
- Experience in energy efficiency policy and energy economics;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Vietnamese and English;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and manage deadlines;
- Ability to work autonomously and motivate one-self;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to quickly master complex and unfamiliar subjects;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of staff in a professional manner;
- Excellent command of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point);
- High team spirit with ability to work independently, results-oriented and self-motivated;
- Willingness to travel on short trips, both within Vietnam and, possibly, abroad.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions with a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 17th September 2021.
Note: Please state in the subject line or on the envelope the following: “Application for the Project Officer 4E/ESP_Energy Efficiency”. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline.
Telephone contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross