As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
Viet Nam's dynamic growth is also reaching rural areas, but at the same time poses a major challenge for the protection of the environment and the preservation of biodiversity. The effects of climate change are significant and the physical exposure, high population density and institutional weaknesses make the coastline and the Mekong Delta in particular vulnerable. The cluster "Environment, Climate Change, Biodiversity" currently comprises a total of four teams in the thematic areas of climate change, coast and water (including agriculture), biodiversity and forests, regional economic integration as well as numerous service packages of global projects, and private public partnerships.
The NDC Transport Initiative for Asia (NDC TIA) is a joint project of seven organisations and will engage in China, India and Vietnam. It aims at promoting a comprehensive approach on decarbonizing transport, i.e. a coherent strategy of effective policies that are coordinated among various sector ministries, civil society and the private sector. In each of the partner countries, the consortium supports countries in facilitating and informing these stakeholder processes and in developing selected climate actions. In Vietnam, the goals of the project are to support the Vietnamese partners on national and city level on enhancing transport mitigation ambition in its 2050 vision and NDC and improving the policy framework for low-carbon transport. The political partner in Vietnam is the Ministry of Transport (MOT), represented through its Department of Environment (DOE).
The project requires qualified candidates to fulfil the following position:
Project Officer “NDC Transport Project” Duty Station: Hanoi, Vietnam Duration: Starting ASAP until 31. December 2023
- Provides technical advice to the MOT on the development of transport and climate change strategies and the quantification of transport related to greenhouse gas emissions reductions
- Provides advice on develop sector/subsector policies and mechanisms for the implementation of Measurement, Reporting and Verification (MRV) and NDC in the transport sector
- Prepare Terms of Reference and steer international and national consultants who will partially contribute to the programme ?s objectives
- Implements trainings and capacity development measures of partner institutions and personnel
- Promotes NDC-TIA and its objectives and activities related to transport in relevant media, events and platforms (e.g. publications, digital platforms, round tables, conferences, other)
- Develops concepts and organises technical meetings, workshops and conferences
- Supports the monitoring and evaluation of the project’s activities, prepare reports and presentation materials.
- Master's degree in a course related to the transport, environment, or climate change, etc.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional working experience in a similar position in the field of sustainable transport and/or climate change
- Experiences in Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) project and/or monitoring and evaluation of the related projects will be an asset
- Technical experiences in project/programme monitoring; familiarity with data entry and analysis
- Profound knowledge of the Vietnamese transport and climate change policy framework, legislation, institutional landscape, relevant implementation structures, responsibilities and planning processes.
- Excellent command of MS-Office
- Good working knowledge of modern telecommunication systems (telephone, fax, e-mail, internet)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, with analytical capacities and ability to synthesize relevant findings.
- Friendly personality, high motivation and interest in development work
- Willingness to work hard and occasionally on weekends, travel and work in project locations
- Demonstrated ability to work and produce - sometimes under high pressure - high quality outputs with limited supervision and management
- Excellent ability to share knowledge and experience, a good team player and self-management skills.
Successful candidates will enjoy competitive benefits and compensation, a friendly and creative working environment, training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 16th May 2021.
Note: Please state the following in the subject line or on the envelope “Application for the Project Officer – NDC Transport”. The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundUSAID
05/06/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam