As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. On behalf of the German Government, GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, Environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and Energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam .
The cluster "Environment, Climate Change, Biodiversity" currently comprises a total of five teams in the thematic areas of climate change, coast and water, agriculture, biodiversity and forests, regional economic integration as well as numerous service packages of global projects, and private public partnerships.
The Technical Cooperation Project “Conservation and sustainable Use of Forest Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services in Viet Nam” is financed by German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) with counterpart funds from the Vietnamese Government. The implementing agencies are the GIZ and the Viet Nam Administration of Forestry under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD).
GIZ is working together with VNFOREST and the management boards of selected protected areas in the area of sustainable forest management planning, implement mechanisms which provide benefits from biodiversity conservation and sustainable forest management to local communities and the development of sustainable financing strategies. Additionally, work packages are implemented related to illegal wildlife trade and pandemic prevention.
The BIO project requires a qualified local candidate for the following position of:
Position No. 1: Project Officer “Protected Areas and sustainable forest management” Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam Duration: ASAP until 31.12.2021, with the possibility of extension
- Implement daily operational aspects of all issues related to the conservation and sustainable forest management and possibly other working areas under the umbrella of forests & biodiversity;
- Liaise, coordinate and network with key stakeholders in the area of Protected Areas and sustainable forest management;
- Facilitate the development and implementation of workshops, seminars and conferences;
- Technical support and review of project’s studies;
- Develop terms of reference, facilitate the selection and contract preparation for institutions/companies that carry out short-term assignments;
- Support the regular monitoring and reporting on the progress of relevant project activities;
- Support in maintaining quality assurance throughout the project cycle for a wide range of different activities (pilot projects, capacity building, policy advice, reports, studies);
- Ensure and maintain close and effective cooperation among international and national experts and project team and partners;
- Master’s degree in forestry, agriculture, natural resources management, economics or related fields;
- 7-10 years of professional working experience in the forestry and biodiversity conservation sector;
- Experience and good understanding of the Vietnamese legal and regulatory framework related to the forestry and biodiversity conservation sector
- Experience in managing international and national consultants;
- Experience of working with public institutions; especially with MARD, VNFOREST and PA management board
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Vietnamese and English
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and manage deadlines;
- Ability to work autonomously and motivate one-self;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to quickly master complex and unfamiliar subjects;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of staff in a professional manner;
- Willingness to travel on short trips, both within Viet Nam and possibly abroad;
Successful candidates will enjoy competitive benefits and compensation, a friendly and creative working environment, training and development.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to send GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org ) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Viet Nam), before 8th April 2021.
Note: Please state ‘Application for the Project Officer – BIO’ in the subject line or on the envelope.
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy