Hiring agency: U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City
The Criminal Fraud Investigator (CFI) is embedded in the Consular Section and works under the direct supervision of the Assistant Regional Security Officer- Investigator (ARSO-I). The incumbent conducts sensitive, routine, and complex criminal investigations of counterfeit/forged travel documents, human trafficking, and smuggling, U.S. fugitive extraditions, identity theft, bribery, extortion, conspiracy, misrepresentation, malfeasance, and terrorist travel. To facilitate these investigations, the incumbent builds relationships with contacts of all levels throughout the region to include but not limited to relationships with the respective police forces, immigration agencies, airport security, and prosecutors’ offices, etc. The incumbent is also responsible for working level liaison with U.S. law enforcement agencies and U.S. attorney’s offices throughout the United States and its territories. Incumbent may also manage non-RSO Locally Engaged Staff (LE Staff) when they are involved in supporting criminal investigations within the DSS purview as well as fulfilling interagency requests for investigative support that perpetuate national security interests. Incumbent can also work under the direction of the Senior Regional Security Officer (RSO) with concurrence from the ARSO-I. The CFI is managed by the ARSO-I who is supported by the Overseas Criminal Investigations Division (DS/INV/OCI) in Washington DC.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five years working in a professional capacity in a related criminal or investigative field within the local government or experience working in conjunction with the U.S. or government in the field(s) of criminal justice, security, or administrative investigations, or court processes with emphasis on technical, analytical or procedural investigations and/or applied operations with a concept of needs focused on identification, interception, interruption, or denial of criminal activities is required.
- Completion of a Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university in any of the following fields: Law, Law Enforcement, Security, International Relations, Politics/Economics, Criminal Justice and Forensics is required.
*Please upload degree as verification of educational requirement.
- Fluency Level Speaking/Reading/Writing of English is required.
- Fluency Level Speaking/Reading/Writing of Vietnamese is required.
*Please clarify level of your English and Vietnamese language skill on your application.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Critical and independent thinker; self-starter, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to work as a team toward a common goal.
- Strong computer skills, (word processing, spreadsheet management, presentations software) are required.
- Incumbent will use analytical computer software such as i2 link analysis, or open source internet investigative tools to secure digital evidence and should be able to manipulate data exports from DOS databases for analytical review/import.
- Must have skills to speak in public and do public presentations on a regular basis.
- The incumbent must be able to write detailed and accurate reports in English that require little to no correction.
- A valid driver's license valid for the last five years is required.
*please upload driving license
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO):
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
How to Apply
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust / Background Investigation clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button in this LINK.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent) (if applicable)
- Residency and/or Work Permit (if you are not Vietnamese citizen)
- A proof of citizenship
- Passport copy
- University Degree
- Driving License
- DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position Du lịch nhật bản, hướng dẫn du lịch Nhật và đánh giá địa điểm Nhật Bản Japan travel news, japan travel guides, japan holiday destinations and japan reviews
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
All year roundUSAID
05/06/2021Faro Recruitment Vietnam