Senior Clinical Officer, Vietnam Country Program
Title: Senior Clinical Officer Location: Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam Division: Vietnam Country Program
Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in VND.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Clinical Officer to provide technical support for implementation of clinical services related to HIV, sexually transmitted infections (STI), viral hepatitis and tuberculosis (TB), supported by PATH in Vietnam. The Senior Clinical Officer will be responsible for the following key activities:
- Lead development of standards operating procedures (SOPs), quality assurance/quality improvement (QA/QI) checklists, training curricula, and job aids to support delivery of quality clinical services;
- Serve as team lead for facility assessments and readiness of private and public clinics for delivery of clinical services, such as antiretroviral therapy (ART), pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), non-occupational post-exposure prophylaxis (nPEP), STI, TB and HBV and HCV;
- Provide technical assistance to project partners in setting up clinical services and functional referral network to ensure that clinics operate smoothly;
- Provide on the job training, mentoring, and hands on coaching for private and public health facilities providing ART, PrEP, nPEP, STI, TB and viral hepatitis;
- Conduct regular monitoring, QA/QI visits to project sites to ensure that project-supported clinics offer high quality clinical services;
- Represent PATH in technical working groups for development of national guidelines, polices and training curricula on relevant technical areas;
- Supervise staff (as assigned) working in relevant technical areas;
- Monitor sub-agreements, sub-contractors and consultants (as assigned) to ensure they implement project activities timely and effectively and achieve project targets;
- Design and implement a system to regularly obtain clients’ feedbacks on quality of clinical services to identify gaps and address them for improvement;
- Stay current with the latest technical knowledge and programming experience in HIV, STI, TB and viral hepatitis prevention and treatment services, and incorporate latest research and programming into program strategies;
- Other tasks required.
Required skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in clinical services;
- Medical doctor (MD) or master degree in medical sciences; MD specialized in infectious diseases is preferred;
- Demonstrated skills in clinical services, e.g. ART, PrEP, PEP, STI, TB, HBV and HCV;
- Experience in clinical mentoring and quality assurance and improvement;
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with government, the private sector and civil society organizations in Viet Nam context;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work effectively in a complex international environment;
- Well-organized and able to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities;
- Competence in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication/presentation skills;
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English to include reading, speaking and writing.
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment.
PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link https://bit.ly/38ysvNR or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Global Health Programs). Deadline for applications: January 12th, 2020.
18/08/2021Lawrence S. Ting Foundation
Post date: 03/08/2021Animal Asia UNDP
30/09/2021ASEAN Youth Organization
15/08/2021Viện Nghiên cứu Quản lý Phát triển bền vững (MSD)
15/08/2021Tổ chức Đại học Pháp ngữ (AUF)
23/08/2021Save the Children