FHI360 is currently seeking a qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese national candidate to serve as (Senior) Health Information System (HIS) Officer for the Better Health Programme (BHP), based in Hanoi during the period November 2021- September 2022.
Under the direction of the Country Technical Lead (CTL), The (Senior) HIS Officer will be responsible for planning, coordinating, implementing, monitoring and reporting BHP Vietnam’s activities related to the Health Information System and Database development. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to the followings:
- Provide HIS technical support to relevant departments at the Vietnam Ministry of Health (MOH) and local information technology (IT) vendors, regarding the integration of cause of death (COD) reporting using Verbal autopsy and the NCD surveillance data reporting system into the Health Information Management System (HIMS), and Human resources for Health Database development.
- Support the engagements with government and other stakeholders in developing and implementing activities under Digital health pilar including supporting the application of SNOMED CT and applying HL7 for data system interoperability
- Provide program management support such as troubleshooting, updating work plans, and coordinating and monitoring program activities.
- Liaise with relevant Government of Vietnam’s agencies for the acquisition and use of data in line with national laws and policies
- Provides necessary logistical and programmatic preparations and documentation
- Perform other tasks and relevant duties as required by the CTL
Experience and abilities for the position:
- Bachelor Degree in information systems, related field, or public health with experience in health information systems. Advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and/or supporting health information systems. Experience in systems analysis, enterprise architecture, and/or requirements development for national information systems is a plus.
- Working knowledge of enterprise architecture, local and international health data exchange standards, and systems interoperability approaches preferred. Understands health information standards for electronic health records. Familiarity with HL7 FHIR and clinical coding systems (e.g., SNOMED, LOINC and Clinical Modification ICD-10, ICD-10CM) is preferred
- Understanding of software development process, software project management methodology (e.g., Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, XP, DevOps) and familiarity with open-source software development process and tools (e.g., GitHub).
- Experience working effectively with government counterparts, particularly at national and sub-national levels.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Vietnam (with some potential international/regional travel) up to 30%.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Vietnamese and English
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
31/10/2021The World Bank
All year round