- Position Title : Senior Migration Services Assistant
- Duty Station : HCMC, Vietnam
- Classification : General Services, G-6 (UN Salary Scale)
- Type of Appointment : Fixed term, One year with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : February 07, 2024
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. Internal candidates should meet the minimum of time in post requirement of six months or more.
Context:Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the National General Resources Management and External Relations Officer (NGRM&ERO), the Senior Migrant Services Assistant will act as Head of Migration Services Unit and will supervise the activities relating to the provision of assistance to US and non-US immigration in properly completing visa application forms. In addition, the incumbent will be in charge of the IOM Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration Programme.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:The Sr. Migrant Services Assistant will be responsible for the following relevant programmatic activities:
- Facilitate the activities undertaken in the Unit by ensuring that customers are provided with relevant care and attention.
- Consolidate statistics of all countries’ assistance provided by the unit and report to the NGRM&ERO on a monthly basis.
- Provide US Immigrant Visa Application Assistance:
- Counsel applicants about the visa application assistance provided by IOM for a fee.
- Counsel applicants about which documents are required for the visa application and explain in detail the application process, average timelines, etc.
- Assist applicants in completing, per USG guidelines, US visa applications and providing translation as necessary.
- Refer applicants to proper government offices for official certification of civil documents.
- Assemble all documents and other supporting materials into a complete and ordered application file and return to applicants.
- Counsel applicants regarding interview process and assist them in preparing for interview.
- Answer all applicants queries about US visa procedures and application forms.
- Ensure that documents and data of all applicants are kept secure and confidential.
- Maintain an organized computer data base of daily activities and provides accurate and timely statistics, as required.
- Provide superior customer service to migrants and maintain a professional and helpful attitude at all times.
- In charge of the overall Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration in HCMC:
- Send missions to assist with pre-departure, pre-counselling, family-tracing.
- Provide reception assistance if required.
- Assist with financial support (cash-based), only when requested by sending mission and approved by Partner, Confirmation of cash receipt, supporting docs forwarded to sending mission and Service Fees charged.
- Assist with post arrival sustainable reintegration support (consult returnee to set up a concrete business plan, in accordance with ability, skills, experiences, education, local condition ..., for income generation.
- Assist with the implementation of the business plan, in coordination with Admin Unit (Procurement) and Finance Unit for payment follow-up, collect all supporting evidence (proof of payment, Invoices...)
- Forward those documents to sending missions.
- Perform mid-term or final monitoring visits, when requested.
- Update relevant Information in Prism and SF charged.
- Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the supervisors and team members and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues requiring their attention.
- Undertake duty travel, if required, to participate in meetings or training sessions, or to escort individuals.
- Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Six years of working experience with secondary [high school] education; four years of working experience with Bachelor’s degree.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) and Vietnamese is required.
Required Competencies:The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – Behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies - Behavioural indicators – Level 2
- Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the Organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their leadership and professional potential.
- Empowering others: Creates an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Building Trust: Promotes shared values and creates an atmosphere of trust and honesty.
- Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Humility: Leads with humility and shows openness to acknowledging own shortcomings.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
- Only candidates residing in the country will be considered. A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:All interested candidates should download and complete an IOM Personal History Form from the IOM Viet Nam website at vietnam.iom.int
Completed applications, including IOM Personal History Form, application letter, and copies of diplomas and certificates, recommendation letters, etc. may be delivered to the IOM Sub-Office in Ho Chi Minh City at 1B Pham Ngoc Thach, District 1, or submitted electronically to iomvietnamHR@iom.int.