EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES IN PUBLIC HEALTH
FHI 360 is an international non-governmental organization that, in Vietnam, promotes the health and well-being of the Vietnamese people, particularly vulnerable and marginalized populations. It works with the Vietnam Ministry of Health and other national bodies, as well as provincial and district-level health services to achieve project aims. FHI 360 is currently implementing programs to address HIV prevention, testing, and treatment; combatting trafficking in persons; tuberculosis case finding and treatment; clinical research; anti-microbial resistance; health system strengthening; non-communicable diseases; maternal and child health and nutrition; and diagnostic and laboratory services.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project is a five-year, global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). EpiC Vietnam’s goal is to deliver efficient, affordable, results-based technical assistance and direct services in HIV, combatting trafficking in persons, and COVID-19. EpiC is seeking a qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese candidate to serve as a (Senior) Procurement Officer for the COVID-19 initiative. This position will be based in Hanoi.
The (Senior) Procurement Officer will procure oxygen ecosystems and essential commodities in support of COVID-19 interventions. The Officer will work closely with vendors, provinces, and FHI 360 staff to ensure the procurement of quality, necessary equipment on time and within budget. The Officer will work with provinces and sites to ensure the successful utilization of provided equipment and support supply chain management, including the provision of complementary technical assistance to ensure proper use, storage, and inventory management of equipment.
- Closely work with provincial authorities and supported sites to identify needs and gaps on supply of oxygen ecosystems and other commodity supplies and develop procurement plans
- Identify vendors based on recommended specifications, process sourcing activities, validate vendors
- Complete procurement procedures in compliance with FHI 360 and EpiC regulations
- Provide technical assistance to provinces, districts, and sites on supply chain management
- Provide guidance and monitoring to vendors and recipients to ensure compliance to procurement and reporting requirements of FHI 360, donor and applicable national regulations
- Identify ways to support decentralized care through the procurement of supportive equipment
- Support efforts to improve collection, store, and transport of COVID-19 tests including ensuring sufficient supply of testing-related consumables
- Participate in national and international technical working groups to ensure lessons learned from other countries and provinces are used to improve implementation in Vietnam
- Manage contracts of local consultants and vendors
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
Experience and abilities for the position:
- A bachelor’s degree in administration, finance, business, public health or related discipline, advanced degree preferred
- At least 4 years professional experience working on procurement and supply chain efforts; experience working with the MOH and provincial departments of health preferred
- Ability to self-direct and manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for successful implementation
- Ability to manage tasks effectively under tight deadlines and a high-pressure work environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Vietnamese
- High level of computer literacy, especially with Microsoft software
- Ability to travel as necessary
FHI 360 offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits
Interested candidates are invited to visit FHI 360’s career page at https://www.fhi360.org/careers and apply the position ONLINE by October 3, 2021. Selection and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Organisation Name: FHI 360
Application Deadline: Sun, 2021-10-03
16/11/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
03/11/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS Việt Nam
05/11/2021UNIDO - United Nations Industrial Development Organization
11/11/2021The International Center (IC)
31/10/2021Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
04/11/2021Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
12/11/2021The U.S. Embassy Hanoi
01/11/2021Development and Policies Research Center - DEPOCEN
15/11/2021World Health Organization (WHO)
31/10/2021The World Bank
All year round