Oxfam in Vietnam vacancy
SENIOR PROGRAMME MANAGER – GENDER JUSTICE
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty
That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
Oxfam is a confederation of 20 organizations working together in more than 90 countries. We are part of a global movement for change, empowering people to create a future that is secure, just, and free from poverty.
Oxfam in Vietnam is working to seek transformative changes in policies, practices and beliefs in ways that will fundamentally improve the lives of poor and marginalized women and men and ensure that all citizens have the same opportunity to enjoy their rights. Oxfam in Vietnam current country strategy contributes to shaping the debate on extreme inequality in Vietnam and globally, our three programme goals include promoting gender equality and women’s agency, social accountability and empowered citizens, and secured livelihoods and resilient communities.
All our work is led by three core values: Empowerment, Accountability, Inclusiveness. To read more about our values please click here
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
To manage the strategy development and implementation of Oxfam gender justice programme programme in Vietnam through leading the programme team and in close co-operation with key actors, to achieve policy, attitude and practice change towards gender equality and achieving women rights.And to provide specialist knowledge to the strategy development and implementation of Oxfam gender justice and women rights framework in Oxfam other core programmes.
Contract: Fixed term, 2 years with possible extension
Reporting to: Head of Programme/Deputy National Director
Location: Vietnam office in Hanoi
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Participate and contribute as a member of the Senior Management Team in the overall planning and management of Oxfam programme in Vietnam.
- Lead the process to develop the strategy for Oxfam’s Gender Justice Programme advocacy and influencing.
- Provide specialist advice and technical accompaniment to other programme teams
- Manage the overall implementation of the Gender Justice Programme including: managing project teams for programme and project planning, identifying and maintaining direct contacts with partners, monitoring and supporting partners in project implementation and their organizational capacity development, and overseeing programme financial management.
- Actively engage in discussions with partners and other stakeholders to develop programmes that can foster external funding opportunities, take lead in fund raising activities.
- Be responsible for identifying, organizing, facilitating and if needed monitoring capacity building processes for partners and other related stakeholders in the Gender Justice Programme.
- Facilitate the development and actively engage in a network of organizations working on gender justice and women rights.
- Report to the Head of Programme Unit on the progress made in the programme development and implementation; Report to donors on the progress of external funded projects (if applicable)
- In liaison with Knowledge Management & Communications Unit, initiate and facilitate activities concerning knowledge & information management with local partners to strengthen the lessons learned.
- Facilitate learning activities to strengthen capacities among Oxfam team; Lead the development of Programme's Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL) framework for the gender justice programme.
- provide leadership and guidance to the gender justice team; and, ensure that the management of the team is in line with Oxfam's HR policies and Leadership model. With support from HR, manage the life cycle of individuals within the team from pre-recruitment to exit including performance management processes.
- Ensure implementation of Oxfam’s operational policies, procedures and guidelines, (especially gender equity, child protection) in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Liaise with regional and global Strategic Change Leads and disseminate information to staff.
- Link country strategy to global initiatives, support and contribute to global advocacy initiatives.
- Take the lead and/or contribute to national/multi-country/regional/global programming and fundraising.
- In liaison with Advocacy & Campaign Unit, represent and communicate Oxfam’s public policy and advocacy positions on gender justice to institutions, government, international, national and local organizations as required.
- Be the focal point on gender justice within Oxfam, with relevant Oxfam HOs, Oxfam knowledge hubs, and beyond Oxfam.
- Eager and required to adhere to Oxfam’s principles and values as well as the promotion of gender justice and women's rights.
- Understanding of and commitment to adhere to equity, diversity, gender, child safety and staff health and wellbeing principles.
Technical Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- University degree/post graduate, preferably in development-related field.
- A strong track record of gender strategy and programme development and management
- Substantial knowledge and practice of major gender frameworks (UN’s and others) , including (genderised) participatory frameworks such as PLA, PRA and related methodology.
- Knowledge and experience on approach and intervention to promote women empowerment (economic and political)
- Experience and skills in planning, developing, managing and monitoring development programmes/projects (including design, capacity building, partnership management, fund raising, report writing, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, advocacy, inter-agency networking and coordination etc.); Experience in resource management e.g. people, finances, assets.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and strategic thinking; Ability to analyse development context and driving factors; Ability to ‘think politically’ by understanding motivations, pressures and challenges faced by different actors; Ability to influence others.
- Good communications, presentation and facilitation skills; High level of written and spoken English and Vietnamese.
- Outstanding social and intercultural skills.
- Good computer skills (writing and spreadsheet programmes).
- Willingness to travel to remote areas of Vietnam.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
Gross Annual Salary Range: VND478,755,174 – VND999,980,490
How to apply
Interested candidates can send your application including motivation letter and curriculum vitae via this LINK.
The closing date for application: 3rd August 2021
We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer
18/08/2021Save the Children
18/08/2021Blue Dragon Children's Foundation
20/08/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
05/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
15/08/2021Action on Poverty in Vietnam
Post date: 30/07/2021Friedrich Naumann Foundation GGGI
01/08/2021Catholic Relief Services
08/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG))
06/08/2021NGO Climate Change Working Group (CCWG)
01/08/2021Management and Sustainable Development Institute
10/08/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi