As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. GIZ currently provides advisory services to the Government of Viet Nam in three priority areas: Vocational training, environmental policy and sustainable use of natural resources, and energy. For further information, please visit www.giz.de/viet-nam.
The joint Vietnamese-German technical cooperation programme “Reform of Technical Vocational Education and Training in Viet Nam II” (TVET Programme) aims to better align TVET in Viet Nam to the changing world of work. It is funded by the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) with counterpart funds from the Vietnamese Government. The implementing agencies are the GIZ and the Directorate of Vocational Education and Training (DVET) under the Ministry of Labour, Invalids and Social Affairs (MoLISA). In order to reach the project’s objective, three main outputs have to be achieved:
- Output 1: State actors, TVET staff, TVET institutes and the business sector are interconnected.
- Output 2: The regulatory framework of TVET is aligned to the requirements of the changing world of work
- Output 3: The concept of High-Quality TVET institutes is successfully implemented in selected TVET institutes.
Thereby, the TVET Programme contributes to the improvement of the supply of demand-orientated qualified workforce in Viet Nam. The TVET Programme is looking for qualified national candidate to fill the following position:
Senior Programme Officer in cooperation with business sector Duty station: Hanoi Contract duration: 01. November 2021 – 31. October 2022 with possible extension
The Senior Programme Officer Cooperation with Business sector assists the Head of Component of the TVET Programme in charge of policy advise in providing political partners, specifically the Directorate of Vocational Education and Training (DVET) with technical inputs in the regulatory frameworks and institutional arrangements to engage the business sector in TVET. He/she is responsible for achieving the outcomes, outputs and indicators in the area Cooperation with the Business sector and coordinates programme staff members within the business cooperation working group, including budget oversight for all activities related to this field of responsibility.
He/she independently provides advise to partners on international good practices as well as lessons learnt to increase the cooperation with the business sector in supported training programs. He/ she actively supports the management of the TVET Programme in the acquisition of new commissions and works in collaboration with key stakeholders including VCCI, Business Associations, TVET institutes as well as development partners to advocate for and promote the cooperation between state actors, TVET sector and business sector, including Vietnamese and international companies.
- Technical lead and responsibility for the achievement of the commission within the area of responsibility including:
- Leading the technical working group of programme staff on ‘Cooperation with the Business Sector’
- Consulting with political partners, TVET colleges and other key stakeholders for activity planning and the development of concepts
- Managing and overseeing the allocated budget for the area of responsibility as well as monitoring and updating the activity management system
- Developing TORs, mobilising, and managing consultancy contracts; and
- Monitoring, reporting and being responsible for knowledge management in the assigned area of work
- Promoting innovation and new concepts in the area of responsibility
- Conducting analysis, gathering and sharing good practices and lessons as well as independently initiating the policy advisory processes on cooperation with the business sector in TVET focusing on the three key aspects – (i) stakeholder boards/ skills councils at macro and meso levels; (ii) in-company training and iii) cooperative training delivered by TVET institutes and enterprises
- Maintaining the professional network and fostering synergies with political partners, key stakeholders (VCCI, business associations, TVET institutes and enterprises) as well as other development partners with an aim to advance the cooperation between public authorities, TVET institutes and the business sector (VCCI, sector associations and enterprises)
- Independently advising program partners on the formulation of relevant policies as well as the development and operation of effective inter-connection mechanisms between the business and the public TVET sector at macro, meso and micro-level for a better alignment of TVET in Vietnam with the changing world of work
- Supporting further acquisitions and implementation of development partnerships (DeveloPPP, Strategic Alliances); and
- Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- Master degree in the field of economics, business administration, law, or any other related field
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience in the areas of international development, TVET or public-private sector cooperation
- Good knowledge of working with government bodies and the policy framework of Vietnam
- Good knowledge of the stakeholders in the TVET sector (State management agencies, TVET institutes, VCCI, Business associations, development partners)
- Proficiency in English (both spoken and written)
- Knowledge of the German TVET system would be an asset
- Expertise in project management and mobilizing and managing consultancy contracts
- Proven experience and skills in policy analysis and advisory skills
- Competence in developing and fostering professional networks with political partners and with the business sector
- Good coordination and teamwork skills
- Willingness to travel to different project locations across Vietnam.
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions in a friendly and creative working environment, open corporate culture, competitive benefits and compensation, and good training and professional development possibilities.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam), before 20th September 2021.
Note: Please state “Application for the Senior Program Officer_cooperation with business sector _TVET” in the subject line or on the envelope. Short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline.
Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: https://bit.ly/3fgNWHq.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
03/10/2021British Embassy Hanoi
Mid-level Training Consultants for Mothers and Aunts to Meet the Asian Program Framework and Trainees' CapabilitiesSOS Vietnam
22/09/2021Save the Children
30/09/2021Action to the Community Development Institute (ACDC)
26/09/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Consultancy service for Baseline Study of Project "Greening Red Cross and Red Crescent Disaster Risk Reduction: Saving Lives through Working with Nature"American Red Cross
10/10/2021U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
24/09/2021American Red Cross
30/09/2021American Red Cross