Senior Project Officer - SME Internationalisation and Trade in Services
As a federal enterprise, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We work in a variety of fields and support our cooperation partners in designing strategies and meeting their policy goals. GIZ Viet Nam is currently engaged in three priority areas:
1) Vocational training;
2) Environmental policy and sustainable natural resource use;
For further information please visit our website: www.giz.de/viet-nam.
Within the green cluster a number of regional initiatives on regional trade integration are bundled under the ASEAN Regional Economic Integration (ASEAN REI) portfolio. The project team in Hanoi is in charge of the implementation of the Viet Nam based activities of among others these BMZ financed regional projects:
- Strengthening Regional Structures for Small and Medium Enterprises Promotion in ASEAN (SME): aims to strengthen the ASEAN SME Services Center for improving cross-border business development and National SME Information Centres within the framework of the ASEAN Strategic Action Plan for SME Development 2025, by implementing the following thematic fields: (1) Improving the ASEAN SME Service Centre; (2) Strengthening national SME information centres, and (3) Promoting national SME services for internationalization.
- Promotion of Competitiveness within the Framework of the Initiative for ASEAN Integration (COMPETE): At ASEAN level, the project supports the implementation of key strategic documents in the fields of competition policy and trade in services. In parallel, the project supports the four CLMV countries in improving the institutional framework for investment and competitive regulatory practice. In the closely linked areas of competition policy and trade in services, strategy and reference documents as well as action plans for their implementation are developed.
The ASEAN REI projects work both on the regional level with ASEC in Jakarta and on country level with a focus on Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam. The political partners in Vietnam are the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI for ASEAN SME and the Trade in Services Component of COMPETE), Ministry of Industry and Trade (MOIT as the general focal point for the COMPETE project), Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) and Viet Nam Competition and Consumer Protection Authority (VCCA).
The project is looking for a qualified local candidate to fill the following position:
Senior Project Officer SME Internationalisation and Trade in Services Duty station: Hanoi, Vietnam Duration: ASAP from 15 May 2021 until 31 August 2023 with possibility for extension
- Is expected to devote the majority of his/her working time towards the ASEAN SME project with a smaller share on the ASEAN COMPETE (TiS component) project activities. Is not responsible for the competition policy component of the COMPETE project.
- Is responsible for the overall project coordination and implementation of the two country components on SME internationalization and Trade in Services including the preparation of work plans for the Viet Nam activities in close coordination with the national project partners (MPI, MOIT);
- Contributes to the project activities on regional/ASEAN level as required.
- Applies proactive, constructive and creative thinking and independent initiative to further develop the cooperation with the partners and initiate new project initiatives.
- Provides professional advisory services to national and local partners in the working area by identifying needs, developing concepts and strategies, providing technical inputs, and working on policy recommendations;
- Prepares ToR for and supports the implementation of national and international short-term consultant missions;
- Is responsible for the preparation and organization of workshops, capacity development measures and public private dialogue events under the two project components;
- Provides coaching and guidance to staff at lower band or sub-band and can take the technical supervision and coordination responsibility for staff members.
- Play an active role in networks with the expert community and position GIZ expert contribution.
- On behalf of management, represents sectoral in dealing with partner organizations and high-level Government Officers.
- Assures project monitoring and regularly updating information on project progress and the status of results;
- Assures the PR work for the projects;
- Any other administrative and technical tasks as required by the Team Leader.
- Masters/Bachelor degree in an area that is relevant to achieve the program objectives (Business, Economics, Social Science, or other related fields) or relevant job experience in these fields;
- At least 10 years of professional experience and at least 3 years in a comparable position;
- Experience and good understanding of SME support services in Viet Nam, especially those in support for internationalization is required.
- Familiarity and/or experience with Trade in Services, specifically AFAS or ATISA would be an added advantage;
- Prior experience in digital service delivery to SME would be an added advantage;
- Experience in managing international and national consultants;
- Ability to quickly master complex and unfamiliar subjects;
- High work ethics, reliable and motivated, able to handle multiple simultaneous assignments with competing priorities under the condition of tight time schedules and fixed deadlines;
- Excellent organizational skills; efficient, accurate and high-quality delivery of all work-related output;
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English (written and spoken) is required;
- Experience of working with public institutions, ideally with MPI or MOIT
- Willingness to travel on short trips, both within Viet Nam and within ASEAN;
Successful candidates will enjoy good working conditions, competitive benefits and compensation and good policies of training and development.
Interested qualified candidates are invited to send the GIZ Application Form in English, copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email (to email@example.com) or by post (to GIZ Office Hanoi, 6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam) before 18th April 2021.
Note: Please state “Application for Senior Project Officer_ASEAN REI” in the subject line or on the envelope.
The short-listed candidates will be contacted within 4 weeks after the deadline. Telephone contact is not encouraged.
Please complete all the information in GIZ Application form with link download here: http://bit.ly/2nyiCY6
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURECandidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
27/04/2021British Embassy Hanoi
04/05/2021British Consulate-General in Ho Chi Minh City
03/05/2021Viện Lãnh đạo ABG
05/05/2021USAID Learns/Social Impact
23/04/2021FIT & IRD
03/05/2021Làng trẻ em SOS Việt Nam
08/05/2021The U.S. Embassy