Job description – Senior Study Officer, V-RESIST Study
Organisation: Woolcock Institute of Medical Research
The Woolcock Institute is lung health research organisation, based at Sydney University, Australia (http://www.woolcock.org.au/). The Institute has operated in Vietnam since 2009, we undertake large and important operational and epidemiological and clinical research projects in collaboration with the National Tuberculosis Program in 11 Provinces, including Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh City. The Woolcock also runs training in epidemiological and operational research methods for Vietnamese doctors and public health workers.
Currently the Woolcock directly employs 70 full-time staff. We are recruiting a highly motivated and experienced Senior Study Officer to participate in the pilot and implementation of the VRESIST study, which aims to prevent antimicrobial resistance in Vietnam.
Location: Hanoi with regular travel to Ca Mau
Duration: 12 months appointment, with consideration for a subsequent extension. This position will be on full-time basis.
To support the pilot and implementation of the VRESIST study, which aims to prevent antimicrobial resistance in Vietnam. The role includes:
- To work with a study manager closely and also with whole study team throughout the study.
- To contribute to all aspects of the study based on the discussion with a study manager (document preparation, data collection, data entry, analysis etc.)
- To engage with relevant stakeholders and assist their efforts together with the relationship manager.
- To prepare and participate in all workshops, training and meetings related to the V-resist study.
- Any other additional tasks if required
V-RESIST Study Manager
Key staff working with the project:
- Data Manager
- Local financial controller and admin staff
- Study officers and field staff
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and strengthen key relationships with collaborative partners and consultants in assigned areas
- Study implementation accountability
- Develop protocol and SOP on implementation of interventions, drawing experience of implemented pilots.
- Support in a team to develop workplan and budget for specific study areas
- Train local staff and partners on the study protocols and procedures.
- To work with partners to run study activities as designed
- To collect qualitative and quantitative data in the field as required, ensure that the protocol is strictly followed.
- To conduct monitoring activities as required
- To fill soft and hard copies of study data as required.
- Financial accountability
- Fulfilling financial responsibilities delegated according to project financial procedures.
- Ensure the efficient expenditure of resources.
- To communicate and report any issues occurred in the field time with the study manager for solutions.
- To participate in report development by providing comments and inputs.
- To communicate with the Study Manager and the Chief Investigators on data collection process, results and issues if occurred.
- To work closely with the study manager, the Country Director, and Chief Investigators
- To perform other duties if required.
- Degree in public health, health promotion, pharmacy or related fields
- Strong organizational management skills
- Experience on designing and implementing AMS, and/or health promotion and communication campaigns in community setting
- Experience working with data to improve study outcomes
- Experience in engaging with government and/or non-government partners
- Experience in working with hospitals/health care workers is preferred
- Strong skills in English and good communication skills
- Ability to communicate fluently in Vietnamese.
- Ability to work within a team
- A motivator with good listening skills
- Focused, but flexible approach
- Willingness to work hard
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
For interested applicants, please send a cover letter together with a CV (with the name and contact details of at least three senior referees) in English (both CV and cover letter), no later than 10/01/2021 by submitting the application form in the link as follows:
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until 28/02/2020, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.Candidates have to confirm having received the recruitment information through the recruiting channel NGO Recruitment in the application letter for this position
- Kênh khám phá và trải nghiệm của giới trẻ, những chuyến đi dài tuổi trẻ, khám phá thiên nhiên, trải nghiệm leo núi, ẩm thực cuộc sống bốn phương
- Cộng đồng chơi xe ô tô Hà Nội
- All the latest news in Vietnam
- Kênh sức khỏe, kiến thức sức khỏe hữu ích, cẩm nang sức khỏe, rèn luyện sức khỏe, thể dục thể thao, sức khỏe cộng đồng
- Cộng đồng đam mê phiêu lưu, trải nghiệm xe, đánh giá xe, xe côn tay, xe phân khối lớn,xe tay ga
- Tin tức thị trường bất động sản, đất đai, nhà đất mới nhất
04/02/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021SOS Children's Villages Vietnam
29/01/2021LIN Center for Community Development
28/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS
29/01/2021Làng Trẻ Em SOS