HI 360 is an international non-governmental organization that, in Vietnam, promotes the health and well-being of the Vietnamese people, particularly vulnerable and marginalized populations. It works with the Vietnam Ministry of Health and other national bodies, as well as provincial and district-level health services to achieve project aims. FHI 360 is currently implementing programs to address HIV prevention, testing, and treatment; combatting trafficking in persons; COVID-19; tuberculosis case finding and treatment; clinical research; anti-microbial resistance; health system strengthening; non-communicable diseases; maternal and child health and nutrition; and diagnostic and laboratory services.
We are currently seeking qualified and highly motivated Vietnamese candidates to fill in the Senior Technical Specialist - Animal Health position for the Fleming Fund Country Grant for Vietnam - Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance in Vietnam, based in Hanoi.
I. Project Description:
FHI 360 seeks a Senior Technical Specialist - Animal Health for the Fleming Fund Country Grant for Vietnam - Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance in Vietnam. The Country Grant will address critical gaps in surveillance of antibiotic resistant bacteria in Vietnam. This grant will support implementation of national plans for antimicrobial resistance (AMR) surveillance and will focus on selected number of AMR surveillance sites in the animal health (AH) sector. We will work closely with local entities that are already involved in AMR/AMU surveillance, oversight and improvement activities, local and national Technical Working Groups, national and regional reference laboratories for animal health, other government and national and international non-government stakeholders, and Mott MacDonald - the Fleming Fund Management Agent.
II. Job Summary / Responsibilities:
This position will take the lead and be responsible for activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for AMR/AMU surveillance in the animal health (AH) sector. This position is based in Hanoi with field visits to different parts of Vietnam (contingent on COVID-19 travel restrictions). Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical oversight to the AMR surveillance system in the animal health sector.
- Supervise and oversee the performance of the AH technical specialist as well as performance of AH laboratories.
- Provide initiatives and technical recommendations to the sustainability and development of AH national reference laboratories and development of the AH AMR surveillance network.
- Undertake the key role of communicating with the agriculture sector in general and AH sector in particular.
- Undertake the policy advocacy in the agriculture sector in general and AH sector,in particular.
- Oversee the implementation of the National Action Plan on Combating Antimicrobial Resistance in the Agriculture Sector 2021 – 2025 (NAP) and provide technical efforts for integrating the NAP into the National Strategy for Combating Drug Resistance 2022 – 2030 and vision to 2035.
- Provide technical advice to collecting, assembling, and reviewing data related to AMR and AMU patterns in animal populations.
- Provide technical assistance/participate in epidemiological investigations (e.g., source, antibiotic use, and spread of infections).
- Provide technical support to the Department of Animal Health under the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development regarding the modification of legal and technical documents.
- Supervise the AH technical specialist to provide technical assistance to the AH reference laboratories, clinical laboratories, and/or animal AMR/AMU surveillance sites to implement improvement plans.
- Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of, and onsite coaching and mentoring to the AH national reference laboratories and animal AMR/AMU surveillance sites.
- Share the findings including AMR/AMU trends to animal AMR/AMU TWG or one health TWG quarterly and annually.
- Supervise the AH technical specialist to provide technical assistance in preparing and submitting AMR/AMU-related data and reports as per the national, regional and global standards and requirements.
- Oversee and assure the progress and quality of the activities designated under the objective on animal health in the project workplan.
- Provide technical inputs for quarterly and ad hoc reports, presentations, talking points.
- Represent the project at various stakeholders’ meetings and relevant dissemination events as assigned by the Project Lead.
Bachelor’s degree in microbiology or other relevant subjects and 8 years of experience in animal health, clinical (preferably including microbiology, AMR/AMU or disease surveillance) laboratory, or a related area. Master’s degree with 5 years of similar experience is considered equivalent. Medical technologists with relevant work experience are preferred. This combination of education and work experience would provide the following relevant specialized knowledge and skills in areas associated with animal health:
- Animal nutrition, care, treatment, and prevention
- Understanding of human health/one health and how it all interacts with animal health
- Microbiology and related laboratory techniques
- Biosafety and biosecurity and how to apply principles.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with stakeholders
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in an IT environment
- Strong coordination, communication, and interpersonal aptitudes
- Fluency in English
- AMR/AMU and disease surveillance and other relevant health programs (strongly preferred)
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance
FHI 360 offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to visit FHI 360’s career page at https://www.fhi360.org/careers and apply the position ONLINE by 31st October 2022. Selection and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.Kênh kiến thức kỹ năng, phát triển bản thân, hướng nghiệp, blog nhân sự
05/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact
04/12/2022USAID Learns - Social Impact